Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
02-20-2011, 04:18 AM   #541

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Why would you want to compete with the "C" word.

Stand out in the crowd with your Pentax!

02-20-2011, 11:26 PM   #542
Veteran Member

In Johor Bahru I recently (I think it was 2 days ago) saw a Pentax during Chingay. I had my strap wrapped around my arm, so I don't think he noticed me (on mine the Pentax is white... ok, gray, so it's not as striking). Also, amongst all the photogs who were there he seemed to be the busiest, and the one taking the most extraordinary positions.
02-21-2011, 11:08 PM   #543

Photos: Gallery
I sometimes make an appearance in Kuching with my K2000. I could not find a single Camera shop in Kuching or KL selling Pentax equipment. It's all Canikon, and some Sony(?!?).

Have you found a place selling any Pentax equipment?
02-22-2011, 06:41 AM   #544
Veteran Member

At a recent birthday party for children, one mother was sporting a brand X camera and remarked to me, "I like your cool camera." (a K-7)
"Thank you," was what I said but "You could have bought a Pentax," was what I was thinking of saying.

02-22-2011, 03:35 PM   #545
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
Yes, we are that rare. If you go to the PhotoCamel web site forums, at any given time the Nikon Forum has about 260 viewers, the Canon Forum has about 200 viewers, and the Pentax Forum has about 5 viewers. Fuji usually has about 10 and Sony about 15.
02-22-2011, 08:34 PM   #546
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Super A Quote
Yes, we are that rare. If you go to the PhotoCamel web site forums, at any given time the Nikon Forum has about 260 viewers, the Canon Forum has about 200 viewers, and the Pentax Forum has about 5 viewers. Fuji usually has about 10 and Sony about 15.
Perhaps because they're all here! Well at least MANY are.

Based on your comment I took a look at PhotoCamel just now. I realized I had seen it before but just wasn't as interested in sticking around as I was about PentaxForums the very first time I came here. Haven't changed my mind at all.
02-22-2011, 08:49 PM   #547
Inactive Account

I visited my sister recently interstate and was keen to get a k-x.

I live in a small city where it is very difficult to get any Pentax gear, but where my sister lives it's much easier to find.

Upon telling her I was after a Pentax, she said "Oh yeah, we got a Pentax one...a red one !!" I LOL'd as it must have been a k-x (the k-r hadn't been released yet)

Anyway, I also caught up with a cousin I hadn't seen in 10 years....I had just bought my k-x, so I bring it out for a few photos and what do you know....

"Hey that looks like the camera I've got!!"

Yeah, they both had a Pentax k-x.

Later I asked them why they chose them, both said it was reviews they had read all said it was the best bang for buck DSLR around.

02-23-2011, 04:31 PM   #548

Pentax user in Grand canyon

Hi
Though i am a newbie thought of sharing the story with you..was in Grand canyon in February first week..actually bumped on a nice gentleman with a pentax K20d..was eyeing me with mine..and had a nice discussion until his family took him away...such a nice and happy encounter ..btw he was 65+ still admiring pentax since his first camera...one such pentax moment..and told we would soon switch to Kx..imagine me gleaming..
02-23-2011, 04:59 PM   #549
Veteran Member

I'll add my piece in here...

I've never met a Pentax shooter on the street, or at an event, or the like. However, I'm constantly telling people of the wonders of Pentax and have convinced several people that Pentax is the way to go. One guy still shakes his head that my camera can do HDR! :P I just tell him, "Yup! that's Pentax for you!" He's so sold on it that he has contemplated selling his Canon gear and switching.
02-24-2011, 09:01 PM   #550

I have a Pentax Credit Card in my wallet (a used rebate). I love to flash it at camera club meetings. It always gets a laugh.
02-25-2011, 06:59 PM   #551

I've never seen another Pentax user here in the big City of Chicago until last fall at my sons football game. He was shooting with the same K20d and Tamron SP 70-200mm. Had a nice conversation on the sidelines. Since then...not one. What are the chances of that happening?
Peter
02-26-2011, 04:48 AM   #552
Inactive Account

The only other Pentax users (3) I've met in the Baltimore/WashDC area were selling all/some of their Pentax equipment.

All of my photo type friends love playing around my camera and manual lenses. It's a novelty to be able to use an older well built lens with a real aperture and focusing ring, but I don't think any of them will ever trade in their Nikons and/or Canons for a Pentax.
02-26-2011, 05:50 AM   #553
Veteran Member

Sometimes I see other Pentax users at big tourists spots or big events. Saw one a couple years ago at the 12 Apostles (Great Ocean Road)... and saw a guy with either a K-r or K-x at the Mardi Gras Fair Day last week.

So can see a Pentax user once in a while and it's sorta cool - my eyes are instantly drawn to their camera
02-26-2011, 11:18 PM   #554
Veteran Member

A couple of days ago I was in Johor Bahru at, actually I don't really know. I thought it was Chingay, but I was told it was something else. Anyway, something to honor some Chinese gods or so. I didn't see a Sony (apart from a NEX something), one Olympus (on the float), obviously plenty of Canikons AND 4 or 5 Pentax. No Panasonic. And the shops here don't sell Pentax, they all only sell Canon, Nikon, Panasonic, Sony, Olympus. Funny.

Yesterday then I have been in Sutera Mall. One shop did sell a lone Pentax, I believe it was a navy blue K-x? Another shop didn't carry any Pentax cameras, however the SA said that just before me a woman with a K5 was there, and he himself uses a K7. He told me there is a Pentax dealer in KSC (or so, can't remember. Never been there, but my Mum has), another shopping mall in the area. Don't know about KL though, Koguma.
02-27-2011, 05:05 AM   #555

About a month after I got my K-7 and DA* lenses (first DSLR for me) I was at a beach in Galveston and noticed two people there carrying Pentax cameras. Now I feel bad not introducing myself as that was probably one of a very few chances to meet fellow Pentaxians by accident...