Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2399 Likes Search this Thread
04-30-2011, 04:39 AM   #721

Adding to the pentax sightings... I spotted 3 k5's yesterday, here in Exuma, Bahamas during our big regatta

04-30-2011, 01:50 PM   #722
Inactive Account

I've only seen one other Pentax shooter in years, and that's a local friend of mine that I shoot with occasionally. He started using Pentax when he bought a dslr due to my stories of how durable my old Pentax film cameras were.

I think a more interesting "statistic" or rarity is how rare slrs are becoming. Even point and shoots. Wherever I go now, be it trails, parks, events, etc., it's people using their cell phone cameras.

In the long run, I just can't see how it matters what anyone uses as long as the individual is having fun and getting the results he or she desires. Though, of course in my case that's using Pentax
04-30-2011, 02:21 PM   #723

Photos: Albums
Spotted 3 Pentaxes today in Tallinn And every time I shouted! Wow, Pentax! And they all were tourists... But I guess that they didn't spot me
04-30-2011, 02:51 PM   #724
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery
today i went to another aquarium, and i was shooting seals, lady trainer asked me, if i want her to get seal to do something particular, i felt good, then she asked me if its canon, didnt feel good anymore

04-30-2011, 09:49 PM   #725
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by fafo13 Quote
today i went to another aquarium, and i was shooting seals, lady trainer asked me, if i want her to get seal to do something particular, i felt good, then she asked me if its canon, didnt feel good anymore

Ah, don't let that kind of thing get you down. If you aren't confident in your tools, some helpful other person sure won't be. She probably just heard a lot about Canon cause they sponsor all the nature shows and all.

If you act all downcast or something, that'll send some other message, and most people will be taking their cues from *you* on a shoot. They're probably just curious.
05-01-2011, 12:55 AM   #726
Veteran Member

I recently bumped into a lady who was shooting a Sony A350 at a friends and family gathering and talked gear for a few. She said in her photography club she is in there are only her and one other person not using a CaNikon (other was an Olympus). I told her it was good seeing another shooter not just following the herd and asked why she chose a Sony. She said her husband bought it for her... then he chimed in saying that the A350 was smaller and was a bit cheaper than the K20D he was looking at. Then he said, looking back he wished he got the K20 because they live on the west coast and the weather sealing would have been nice. Of course there was at least two T2i's there as well.
05-01-2011, 08:12 PM   #727
Inactive Account

I was at Jazz Fest today and saw 5 pentax shooters, of course a lot more Nikon and Canons but more than Olympus, Sony, Panasonics, etc.

05-02-2011, 08:40 AM   #728
Veteran Member

I saw another Pentax shooter at Kensington Market Saturday, along with a Nikon and 2 canons. so Pentax was the equal of Canon in the market that day and beating Nikon
05-02-2011, 12:50 PM   #729
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
I spotted another Pentax user the other day the first for months, A German lassie with her Nikon mother.

Wasn't close enough to see which camera, but the strap was the give away, the big red Pentax lettering.
05-03-2011, 03:23 AM   #730
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by kerrowdown Quote
I spotted another Pentax user the other day the first for months, A German lassie with her Nikon mother.

Wasn't close enough to see which camera, but the strap was the give away, the big red Pentax lettering.
Heheh I guess I'll give Pentax a point for choosing a logo that's in bold font and stark red over black - there's something so radical about it, eye-catching.
05-04-2011, 07:46 AM - 1 Like   #731

Thank's God....me here in bandung,west java,indonesia....had much friend using pentax....n we had a group pentax-indonesia in facebook.....mailing list....n thread "desa pentax" on kaskus.us for the thread in kaskus.us tribute thank's to mr. Feaerview who has started n build up that thread........
05-05-2011, 01:39 AM   #732
Forum Member

On a nightshoot in the harbour area of Rotterdam a few months ago I was surprised (and the other photographers as well) to find out that, of the seven people, there were 3 Pentax users (2 K7 and 1 K20), 2 Canons, 1 Nikon and 1 Oly... Majority for Pentax then. Everyone was kind of amazed. Pentax? That surely hadn't happened in many years. Notably the Canikon users were surprised. This was strange to them! I must say that I couldn't surpress the smallest of grins...

In general though, Pentax has a small but loyal following here in The Netherlands and I ocasionaly meet a fellow pentaxian....
05-05-2011, 08:50 AM   #733
Veteran Member

my biggest event shoot every year is NXNE in June, I've yet to come across another Pentax shooter. the vast majority are canon with a smattering of nikons. last year he guy beside me in the pit for X (from the Toronto star) was shooting a Nikon, but he also had an Olympus evil for quick video, the longer DOF making it easy to get what he wanted. He expressed admiration for the Pentax product though unlike most of the young users who keep telling me I should get a Canon (of all camera there is pretty much nothing lower on my list) many of whom (at the club shows at least) are shooting a flipping rebel with a kit lens.
Plenty of times i've been shooting at the outdoor venue in the pouring rain while the rest of the shooters have bolted for cover. when i head to the beer tent i always get the "aren't you worried about killing the camera in the wet like that" I just smile and say why, my cameras weather resistant isn't yours?
05-05-2011, 09:16 AM   #734
Forum Member

While I can't say I have ever run across any other Pentax users, I recently acquired my K-5 and while waiting for color prints in my schools studio, me and a few other digital students (all canikon) were messing around, many of them played with my Pentax, and had a lot of positive remarks about the camera itself. So while I feel as though we may be outnumbered, there is enough for me to back up my decision and prove it to other photogs.
05-05-2011, 09:35 AM   #735
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by LSPhotography Quote
While I can't say I have ever run across any other Pentax users, I recently acquired my K-5 and while waiting for color prints in my schools studio, me and a few other digital students (all canikon) were messing around, many of them played with my Pentax, and had a lot of positive remarks about the camera itself. So while I feel as though we may be outnumbered, there is enough for me to back up my decision and prove it to other photogs.

If they play with a K5 and slag it off they are truly clueless, maybe you will convert a couple