Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2395 Likes Search this Thread
05-20-2013, 06:49 PM   #2206
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Moving right along, I was at a great photography seminar series (Hudson Valley Photographers Network) for various phto clubs in the Hudson Valley of NY. Out of about 50 attendees, only one Pentax, ME, AGAIN!

I do like being an individual!

Regards,

05-20-2013, 09:57 PM   #2207
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I have had the same experience 2 years running at the California Photo Festival only more like 300 attendees.

On the other hand, my "Yes, it's a Pentax" shirt made Rob Sheppard and Rick Sammon totally crack up in the elevator one morning. I think I am getting a rather militant reputation.
05-21-2013, 07:53 AM   #2208
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
To be honest, having a Pentax really helps with weeding out idiots and snobs from photography groups.
05-21-2013, 08:56 AM   #2209
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by abmj Quote
I have had the same experience 2 years running at the California Photo Festival only more like 300 attendees.

On the other hand, my "Yes, it's a Pentax" shirt made Rob Sheppard and Rick Sammon totally crack up in the elevator one morning. I think I am getting a rather militant reputation.
My wife bought me such a shirt and a sweat from, I think, Cafe Press. No reactions yet!

05-21-2013, 10:53 AM   #2210
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by grhazelton Quote
... No reactions yet!
Yeah, I never get reactions except from top pros and then it is just amusement at the attitude of the shirt. They have actually been pretty supportive of my choice of equipment. It is usually only the amateur equipment snobs who look down their noses at my K-5, never the big names.
05-21-2013, 03:37 PM   #2211
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by abmj Quote
Yeah, I never get reactions except from top pros and then it is just amusement at the attitude of the shirt. They have actually been pretty supportive of my choice of equipment. It is usually only the amateur equipment snobs who look down their noses at my K-5, never the big names.
Long legs on this thread. Benn using Pentax sine the early 70's. We are rare, because excellence is a rare commodity.
05-25-2013, 04:05 PM   #2212

Today at my kid's school Family Day picnic, Nikon - 5, Canon - 2, Pentax - 1 (me).

Last edited by trevinon; 05-27-2013 at 06:03 AM.
05-26-2013, 09:21 AM   #2213
Yos
Veteran Member

Went to Qianmen close to Tiananmen in Beijing today. A lot of Sony Nex and Canikons but at least I saw a chinese girl using a white pentax k-30 wish i had time to ask her how she felt about her camera but i was late to a performence at the NCPA.
05-26-2013, 11:22 AM   #2214
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Last year I took a photo seminar. Just Nikon and Canons, and then me. The item that received the most attention was my little 3 legged camp folding stool that I brought, as it was just easier than sitting on the ground with my knees. The only comments were on the images themselves. I had a delightful time.....

05-26-2013, 06:43 PM - 1 Like   #2215
Veteran Member

We are the lucky bunch

Taken during our monthly Pentax/Ricoh outing three days ago. Some guys showed up too late, otherwise the group photo would have more guys in
05-26-2013, 07:09 PM   #2216
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by frank Quote
We are the lucky bunch

Taken during our monthly Pentax/Ricoh outing three days ago. Some guys showed up too late, otherwise the group photo would have more guys in
That was a great outing. So many Singapore Pentax users also using Ricoh GXR and GR cameras too...
Check out that K-01 with camera stabilizer on the right.
05-26-2013, 07:22 PM   #2217
Veteran Member

Picked up my bro's blue K-30 after he wasn't allowed in with it to the Mumford and Sons concert in Surrey this past friday and walked around with it near Canada Place and what should I see? Another Pentax!

Never seen a P-Camera outside of my family (dad has an Optio WG-2 GPS). Unfortunately I couldn't tell what the body was but it was black and had that unmistakable strap.
05-31-2013, 01:25 PM   #2218
Veteran Member

Saw another Pentax yesterday. Was walking out the door of my school in North Vancouver and practically tripped over this guy with a K-r. Apparently Pentax has never let him down in 40 years
06-02-2013, 06:13 AM   #2219
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
One thing I have learned about Pentax...you can always spot a Pentax shooter in a crowd very easily- They are the ones shooting images!
What I mean by that is this- most of the Nikon/Cannon/Sony "sheeple" I see are usually sporting their gear hanging around their necks with the largest lens in there collection attached to it, wearing it like it some kind of "bling" jewelry, and most of the time when I can get close enough to see their settings, the dang things are set in "auto"
everytime I noticed a Pentax shooter, they are the ones getting out there and shooting images, and paying no attention to the other photographers, they are the ones getting "the shot"
Pentax shooters are not out there wearing their equipment around their necks like it some kind of fashion accessory/statement, they USE their equipment. I also noticed that a Pentax shooter is really easy to spot around anything involving water, they are the ones with their cameras out, getting wet. I went on several water rides at Disney World last year and was the only one with a camera out, the other folks had to either stow away there cameras in a locker or in the center storage area on the actual ride itself, folks were looking at me like I was crazy taking a nice DSLR on such rides and snapping shots of my family on the same ride.....too funny, I was having a blast with that.
06-07-2013, 06:41 AM   #2220
Veteran Member

I did the Sydney Morning Herald Photos1440 Workshop last Sunday. Photos1440 Workshop 2013

We were broken into about 8 groups of 10 and two photographers from the newspaper accompanied each group to mentor us as we did photography around The Rocks area of Sydney Harbour. The newspaper photogs used Canon.

I was the only Pentax shooter (as far as I could see). And I wasn't worried by the rain. I mentioned I was the only Pentax user to one of our mentors and he said "Pentax? They're good cameras."

Oh, my pic selected on the day for the above mentioned web link is this one:

but I did like this one, too.

Last edited by p38arover; 06-07-2013 at 06:47 AM.