Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
07-23-2014, 04:21 AM   #2971
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Waratah Quote
I've seen advice that blacking out brand makes camera less daunting to people when doing street photography. But putting a battery grip on would kind of defeat that concept.
True! It looked pretty impressive with its battery grip on.

07-23-2014, 06:49 PM   #2972
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Waratah Quote
I've seen advice that blacking out brand makes camera less daunting to people when doing street photography. But putting a battery grip on would kind of defeat that concept.
Well Ricoh has the cam for you--the new Pentax K-3 Prestige Edition! (See the home page.)
07-24-2014, 06:43 PM   #2973
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by robthebloke Quote
Should've gone to specsavers!

(That'll probably only make sense to those from the uk, but yes, I can confirm specsavers actively promote Pentax lenses)

Specsavers here (Australia) use Pentax lenses too, and the name is fairly obvious
07-24-2014, 09:49 PM   #2974
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Was at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, today, and I looked, but did not see another Pentax. My wife and I carried ours proudly. Of course, I could not look at every single camera up close, so I may have missed one. One fellow had me take a shot of his family with a Nikon that felt light and cheap (didn't look at the model) and I watched a Canon user who didn't know how to turn off his auto-flash function say "Oh, well," and move on.

07-25-2014, 05:11 PM   #2975
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nakedgun Quote
Was at the San Diego Zoo Safari Park, today, and I looked, but did not see another Pentax. My wife and I carried ours proudly. Of course, I could not look at every single camera up close, so I may have missed one. One fellow had me take a shot of his family with a Nikon that felt light and cheap (didn't look at the model) and I watched a Canon user who didn't know how to turn off his auto-flash function say "Oh, well," and move on.
Canon user just made my day
07-27-2014, 09:49 AM   #2976
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Pepe Le Pew Quote
Canon user just made my day
tons of people sell entry level nikon/canon on CL, they think the camera makes the picture... then they realized their entry level camera + kitlens makes worst picture than their cellphone...
07-27-2014, 10:51 AM - 4 Likes   #2977

QuoteOriginally posted by clockwork247 Quote
entry level camera + kitlens makes worst picture
I sort of read it as "entry level camera + kittens" and thought - those murderous CaNikon BASTARDS!!1!

07-27-2014, 05:09 PM - 2 Likes   #2978
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by karro Quote
... those murderous CaNikon BASTARDS!!
"They killed Kenny!!"
07-27-2014, 06:23 PM   #2979
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by davek Quote
I was there with my new q10. Wished I had the slr when it started to rain tho.
Was their all 3 days....... My brother brought his D90 with him........ Kinda upset he couldn't get to use it
07-27-2014, 07:25 PM   #2980
Veteran Member

it's easier to put the Q in a ziplock than a D90 in a dicapac

with a k-30 and wr kit lens (no kittens here! Lol) the question ain't the cam in the rain but if the photog can handle wearing waterlogged clothes!
07-27-2014, 09:44 PM   #2981
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Alizarine Quote
it's easier to put the Q in a ziplock than a D90 in a dicapac

with a k-30 and wr kit lens (no kittens here! Lol) the question ain't the cam in the rain but if the photog can handle wearing waterlogged clothes!
HD 55-300 lense
07-28-2014, 06:52 AM   #2982

the beginning of the end...) for few month i wrote that we`ve got any/very few pentax lenses in our shops in innsbruck, austria sooo... ... ... today i was told that we are done with pentax, there will be final sale in few weeks, and then pentax will be sold only for order - which means nothing on stock, and ordering time from few days till few weeks - in short, no selling possibility at all. And we were one of the last who got pentax.) i hope the distributor in europe saved enought money for themselves with their shitty merchendising company because i won`t be able to sell pentax cameras any more.
07-28-2014, 03:29 PM   #2983
Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Vitalii Quote
the beginning of the end...) for few month i wrote that we`ve got any/very few pentax lenses in our shops in innsbruck, austria sooo... ... ... today i was told that we are done with pentax, there will be final sale in few weeks, and then pentax will be sold only for order - which means nothing on stock, and ordering time from few days till few weeks - in short, no selling possibility at all. And we were one of the last who got pentax.) i hope the distributor in europe saved enought money for themselves with their shitty merchendising company because i won`t be able to sell pentax cameras any more.
Pretty sad, but then we're used to not seeing Pentax on the shelves.
07-28-2014, 06:00 PM   #2984
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by MarkJerling Quote
Pretty sad, but then we're used to not seeing Pentax on the shelves.
Or in mega/super stores
07-28-2014, 07:38 PM   #2985
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Vitalii Quote
This is unbelievable.. Does anyone from Ricoh in Japan ever read this forum? Simply terrible marketing and product distribution....