Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2399 Likes Search this Thread
10-26-2014, 11:25 AM   #3196
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
French cars have no quirks... They are perfect...
I think you're interpreting 'quirk' as 'defect', Nicholas!

'Quirk' can even have affectionate connotations - like those Citroën limousines with super smooth air suspension!

Last edited by clackers; 10-26-2014 at 11:56 AM.
10-26-2014, 12:08 PM   #3197
Forum Member

Seen somebody with a white K-30 and a guy on a bicycle with a 645 D or 645 Z (didn´t see the screen, so I cannot really tell) hanging around his neck during the week.
10-26-2014, 12:29 PM   #3198
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
I think you're interpreting 'quirk' as 'defect', Nicholas!

'Quirk' can even have affectionate connotations - like those Citroën limousines with super smooth air suspension!

This was a joke of course Don't worry ! And yes Citroen has very good suspenssions. The hydrolic one are even licenced by mercedes... But you only get them on high end models :'(
10-26-2014, 12:55 PM   #3199
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Voila ...

10-27-2014, 11:48 AM   #3200
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I am sure they are perfect, but they do have quircks, or had. The Peugeot 404 ( a great car ) had it it's number one cylinder on the the rearmost one and you had to pull OUT the door knob to unlock it and the Renault T16 had different wheelbases right and left, but quirky is meant as compliment, same like shooting with Pentax
10-27-2014, 11:53 AM   #3201
Veteran Member

Damn.. I have a french car and shoot Pentax. haha.. nice combo..

In my town i do have several friends that use Pentax.. Some K50s. K3.. K5s.. Kx .. ofcourse not as many as Canikons but at least I dont feel alone in the "fight"...
10-27-2014, 12:33 PM   #3202
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

We enjoyed the Gibbs Gardens, a botanical garden of about 300 acres north of Atlanta, near Ball Ground. Beautiful grounds, and perfect fall weather. I saw many, many Canikons, lots of stupid cell phones, and not one Pentax! I did have one interesting encounter, a guy in his 50s, perhaps, toting an OM series Olympus. I shouted "Olympus!" and he turned and cried out "Pentax!" We each noted the rarity of our cameras, his especially as a film shooter, as he put it, a Luddite. Just didn't like digital.. I assured him that I also shot film, both 35mm and 120. We wished each other well and went back to the gorgeous gardens.

Here's a link for anyone in the Atlanta area World-Class Garden | North GA Destinations | Wedding Locations near Atlanta | Atlanta Gardens

11-01-2014, 11:50 AM   #3203

usually, when I go in a touristic place most people I see shoot with entry level canon/nikon DSLR w/kit lens... (I don't take bridges or point'N'shoot into account) but time to time I see people shooting with pentax... maybe like 1/20....
11-01-2014, 11:46 PM   #3204
Forum Member

Why should I spend more on expensive lens just for hobbies when Pentax can do it too
11-02-2014, 12:52 AM   #3205
Veteran Member

Went to the Zombie Walk in Sydney yesterday and saw a guy with a 645D, he's got a Nikon D4 on the other shoulder though...
11-02-2014, 06:04 AM   #3206
Veteran Member

Yeah... go find where the battery is placed on a Xsara Picasso and then we'll talk again!
11-02-2014, 06:17 AM   #3207
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by abmj Quote
I've read the "pros dissing Pentax" thread and had a bit of a laugh. I shot high-end Canon for 30 years in my film days but am at a more laidback place now during semi-retirement. For the switch to DSLR, I couldn't justify the expense - particularly for good glass - that Canon entailed and went with Pentax. I am very happy with that choice despite the occasional sneer from my former Canon compatriots.

Now, my topic. During the recent Worldwide Photo Walk, I joined 40+ area photographers for a fun day of shooting followed by a group lunch and wrap-up. In that group, I saw exactly zero Pentax DSLRs - aside from my own. I found myself "justifying" my choice not to go with Canikon during good natured discussions. Not so much distain but more "why in the world would a serious photographer NOT buy Canikon??"

Are we really that sparse out in the world?
In New York street, I can see 95% people with DSLR are with Canon and Nikon. Many used Canon L lenses with bright red circle! But I indeed saw some people hold bright white or pink DSLR camera, sounds to be pentax! Hopefully our KS-1 will change the fashion!
11-02-2014, 11:06 AM   #3208
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by elpolodiablo Quote
Went to the Zombie Walk in Sydney yesterday and saw a guy with a 645D, he's got a Nikon D4 on the other shoulder though...
Both cameras have different purposes, however. Pentax doesn't really compete in the high-end sports camera market. It's good to hear about pros using the 645D though.
11-02-2014, 11:04 PM   #3209

When I was taking a passport photo today, the camera man was holding a very familiar camera...and it's a Pentax! We ended up chatting for a while about FF vs. APSC and both agreed that APSC is sufficient (mostly judged by value). He is a professional who uses Pentax for a long time (there's a ME on his shelf). He enjoys the K-01 and Q as well, and has a plethora of lenses. He said that he would rather buy lens + body than buying a FF body with the same total price. He also noticed that his friends who use Canikon don't go out to shoot as often - they talk about gear all the time.

I guess we aren't so rare at all!
11-03-2014, 06:22 AM   #3210
Veteran Member

Pentax is rare, I go out a lot but see a person with Pentax Camera once and that's a girl, even rarer
I think Pentax is for "old men" or geeks, who like to tweak M42, Leitax, MF lens... in term of IQ/cost, none can beat Pentax for now (maybe Pentax FF might in the "near future " ^_ç_^ )