Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
04-09-2015, 09:29 AM   #3706
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by ChristianRock Quote
So today I sold my RIkenon 50mm f2 lens to a very nice young lady here nearby where I work. She just got a K-5 recently and already added the plastic fantastic and a manual 135 lens. Now she wanted a nifty fifty. It's probably very rare to find a young teenage girl that is excited about Pentax but today I found one
Lol, the couple next to me are in their 80's, he likes to collect and repair stuff. Sometimes I help his wife out with laundry, bird feeders, etc. They try to pay me, I am always telling them no. So they seen I always had camera equipment and I showed them the sigma 500mm. The husband was amused that the 'young lady' next door collected camera equipment. He gave me the Sears KS 500 and 4 lenses. So at 52 yrs, this Young Lady is trying out the Sears/Ricoh camera.

04-09-2015, 03:33 PM   #3707
Pentaxian

Our local farmers market seems to attract Pentaxians whom I pounce on with relish
They seem to cope with me busting into their scene with OOH PENTAX USER !!!
This German visitor had her new K-50 in auto and was very happy when I showed her the glories of Av
Gabi someone with a blog of her travels in NZ but blowed if i can find it

04-11-2015, 09:44 PM   #3708
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Third cousin bought a Sony a3000

We both used it at our, now 7 year old, \Birthday
Which pic is his and which is mine?

Both of us used a 18-55.......

My friend got it right on the first try...... That's how rare we are
04-12-2015, 05:00 PM   #3709
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I saw a lady with a white K-30 at Mt Wilson yesterday.

A welcome change from all the canons that were there.

---------- Post added 04-13-15 at 10:04 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by LoneWolf Quote
Nice to "meet" another Wolf. I wonder if there any more of us out there so we can form a worldwide wolfpack of pentax owners.
only a wolf pack?

between all the Wolves, Foxes, Skunks and everything else on this forum, we should start a zoo!

04-13-2015, 12:49 AM   #3710
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by skunktail Quote
only a wolf pack?

between all the Wolves, Foxes, Skunks and everything else on this forum, we should start a zoo!
Seeing how rare we are, a nature reserve sounds a bit more fitting
04-13-2015, 02:52 AM   #3711
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Giklab Quote
Seeing how rare we are, a nature reserve sounds a bit more fitting
04-19-2015, 02:50 PM   #3712
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

At Ironfest over the weekend, other than myself I saw:

1 x spotmatic
1 x K5 iis (one of the official photographers)
1 x K3

And one lady from our Sydney Users Group that I didn't run into.

04-19-2015, 05:54 PM   #3713
Veteran Member

I shoot with three Pentax 35mm SLRs. As far as digital photography goes, I only shoot Canon. The reasons for this are because that's what I started with and because I cannot afford equipment from multiple systems. It's got nothing to the quality of the other brands or even the brands themselves. If I tried to get a camera from another system, I'd have to take the time to actually learn how to operate the camera and that's just way too damn much work.
04-19-2015, 06:13 PM   #3714

Maybe there's fewer Pentax users, because all the old hippies are dying off.

QuoteOriginally posted by Transit Quote
Our local farmers market seems to attract Pentaxians whom I pounce on with relish
They seem to cope with me busting into their scene with OOH PENTAX USER !!!
This German visitor had her new K-50 in auto and was very happy when I showed her the glories of Av
Gabi someone with a blog of her travels in NZ but blowed if i can find it

---------- Post added 04-19-15 at 06:22 PM ----------

Chances are good, she's not a Pentax user, but a gal that wants to get in your pants! Happens to me all of the time!

QuoteOriginally posted by wolfiegirl Quote
Took my camera out of my bag today and left it on my desk. Work colleague comes by and goes, "oh! you have a white one! I've been wanting on those!" Turns out she's also a Pentaxian, despite shooting a Nikon atm. She wasn't aware of all the new lines out, and we spent a happy 30 mins chatting about the k-3 etc. Going to try my best to bring her back into the fold.....

It'll be nice to have someone nearby to shop talk to!
04-21-2015, 03:27 PM   #3715
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by BennyBoy Quote

Chances are good, she's not a Pentax user, but a gal that wants to get in your pants! Happens to me all of the time!

sounds like you live quite the life, bennyboy!

She did bring in her camera the next day. It's a k-x. She's currently after a macro lens, and I should check in with her to see if the eneloops recommendation worked for her. If it does, I think we can bring her back into the fold. I already gave her the link to the forums.
04-22-2015, 05:18 AM - 1 Like   #3716

I went to my camera club meeting last Thursday, there was a new member and she shoots PENTAX! That's 3 of us now. I had my little Q10 with me and let her play with it, she's hooked and wants one now. I'll take my yellow Q7 next Thursday and really set the hook!

...at first I was just a user, now I'm a pusher!
04-22-2015, 07:27 AM   #3717
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Trey45 Quote
I went to my camera club meeting last Thursday, there was a new member and she shoots PENTAX! That's 3 of us now. I had my little Q10 with me and let her play with it, she's hooked and wants one now. I'll take my yellow Q7 next Thursday and really set the hook!

...at first I was just a user, now I'm a pusher!
I love the Q7.
04-24-2015, 07:44 PM   #3718

Was out of town the other day in a restaurant when I got the comment "Beautiful camera!" from a young woman at the next table.

Doesn't really fit this conversation, but at least some folks recognize the camera as nifty. This was the new K-3.
04-25-2015, 03:45 AM   #3719

I live in Japan and I started photography nearly 5 years ago and bought my first Pentax, a K30, fours ago, followed by a K3 last year. Since I got that first Pentax, I've had exactly one conversation with a fellow Pentaxian, which happened this year. Over my four years of shooting I only rarely see our favourite brand of camera. However, when do see see them, it is usually with girls who I feel love the colour options available with certain models.
04-25-2015, 09:07 AM   #3720
Veteran Member

Hmm ... strange, I had the impression that most Pentax sales are in Japan. More units sold than in the rest of the world.