Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2399 Likes Search this Thread
08-12-2015, 05:42 PM - 3 Likes   #3946
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
It should be a drinking game, Mindglow - spot a Pentax, cease whatever you're doing and head to a bar to consume a pint.

08-12-2015, 06:31 PM - 5 Likes   #3947
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Umm... I thought the point of a drinking game was to eventually get drunk?
08-13-2015, 01:26 AM   #3948
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Giklab Quote
Of course you're right, Giklab - it would turn players into teetotallers.

My resignation from the Rules Committee is on your desk. :-)
08-13-2015, 04:29 AM   #3949
Veteran Member

I saw a k-30 with kit lens the other day, and a different person with a k-3 with a honking sigma telephoto of some kind. Two in one day, and they weren't travelling together.

QuoteOriginally posted by Giklab Quote
Spotting a Pentax is a rare event, but when you do, hand them a copy of the Drinking Rules and whip your own Pentax out. Head to the bar and keep your cameras on standby. This drinking rule won't be invoked often, but when it does...Armageddon.

There's a similar rule when travelling abroad and you spot a fellow countryman.

08-13-2015, 05:22 AM   #3950
Forum Member

I just found out that my aunt has been using Pentax for quite some time. She started with film and graduated to digital with Pentax. Not sure which film cameras she has, but her current is a K110D in mint condition. Seriously, this thing looks like she just took it out of the box.
08-13-2015, 06:20 AM   #3951
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
For the first time, I saw a Pentax in the wild that didn't turn out to be my own reflection. A lady pulled out a 645 film unit at the City Market as I was passing by. I'd have taken a shot of her with my own Pentax, except it was so humid my lens was fogged (and stayed fogged for the next 20 minutes).
08-13-2015, 07:18 AM - 1 Like   #3952

I may have added another digital Pentaxian to the fold! I was talking to a friend of mine the other day who still has and uses his Pentax ME Super and has a whole bunch of lenses for it. He had no idea that those lenses will work on the new Pentax DSLR's. I may have him talked into a K50 or a K5ii, maybe even a K3.

08-15-2015, 03:35 PM   #3953
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Trey45 Quote
I may have added another digital Pentaxian to the fold! I was talking to a friend of mine the other day who still has and uses his Pentax ME Super and has a whole bunch of lenses for it. He had no idea that those lenses will work on the new Pentax DSLR's. I may have him talked into a K50 or a K5ii, maybe even a K3.
Sweet
08-15-2015, 03:44 PM   #3954
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Trey45 Quote
But is he a *good person*, Trey?

If not, send him to Canikon - we are a select group, like the golf club in 'Caddyshack'.

Who am I kidding? If he has a credit card, he's in!
08-15-2015, 03:48 PM   #3955
Veteran Member

I don't know if this is good or bad - a guest at a wedding, who he selfs photograph as a hobby, thought Pentax only makes medium format cameras
08-15-2015, 03:51 PM   #3956
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Zafar Iqbal Quote
I don't know if this is good or bad - a guest at a wedding, who he selfs photograph as a hobby, thought Pentax only makes medium format cameras
Hope you waved your K3 at him. He'd jump like he'd seen a ghost.
08-15-2015, 04:23 PM   #3957
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Hope you waved your K3 at him. He'd jump like he'd seen a ghost.
08-15-2015, 04:42 PM   #3958
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Zafar Iqbal Quote
Hey, too many folks don't realize that Pentax is still making cameras. Who else is making "affordable" cameras from APSC through medium format? Neither Canon nor Nikon has ever made any medium format cameras. Nor have Sony/Minolta nor Olympus, to my knowledge. We gotta have that full frame DSLR!!!!
08-15-2015, 05:44 PM   #3959
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
A few weeks ago I was back east and visiting Mystic Seaport - and actually spotted a Kx. A German tourist couple was sporting it. I smiled and said something about seeing that they also had a Pentax. The gentleman said yes, but not many around. His wife looked at him and asked - why Pentax and not Canon. He said, better, cheaper and the pictures are wonderful.

I went on my way....

08-15-2015, 07:12 PM   #3960
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by interested_observer Quote
A few weeks ago I was back east and visiting Mystic Seaport - and actually spotted a Kx. A German tourist couple was sporting it. I smiled and said something about seeing that they also had a Pentax. The gentleman said yes, but not many around. His wife looked at him and asked - why Pentax and not Canon. He said, better, cheaper and the pictures are wonderful.

I went on my way....

She puts up with a fanatical Pentaxian? What a catch she is! :-D