Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-20-2015, 01:58 PM   #4021
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Well, we had two chances to spot a Pentax. Saturday we went to the JapanFest at the Gwinette Convention Center. Saw many, many Canikons, the usual swarm of camera phones, but no Pentax! Did speak briefly with a young woman shooting with a black Nikon film camera - I don't know which one, not one of the Big Fs - we agreed that film has its own special look. I should have clued her in to Freestyle for film, and to Wings Camera in Atlanta for used goodies.

Today we visited the Atlanta Zoo with grandkids. Wonderful photo opportunities. Saw a Pentax K 7! The owner and I chatted briefly, he said he was thinking of going to Nikon for its, his opinion, faster autofocus. Since he had only the K 7 and the kit lens he wouldn't be abandoning Pentax lenses. I suggested he look into a K 5; he knew about it and the K 3 and the upcoming full frame. Can't win them all, I guess.

We then had lunch at the Carroll Street Cafe, a funky eatery in Cabbage Town, an old mill area now popular with young professionals and such. Excellent food! I had my Sigma 10 20 zoom mounted, two folks said it was a beautiful camera. Quite right! Walking to the car a guy at a sidewalk table at a nearby cafe said "Nice camera! Get some good shots?" I replied, thanks, and of course.

09-20-2015, 11:05 PM - 1 Like   #4022
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Walking in Cairns on the weekend and saw a young man with a Pentax camera strap around his neck and with a large shoulder gear bag. When he turned I saw the back of his camera and it was big and had no LCD screen. Sooo I am guessing a 6x7 with all the trimmings. I got so distracted by the sight I walked into a market stall tent pole and then lost him in the throng while recovering. :-)
09-22-2015, 06:19 PM   #4023
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I started a new photoclass this semester (teaching) and sorry, 3 Canons, 3 Nikons, no other!

Oh well!

Big Dave
09-25-2015, 03:19 PM   #4024
Pentaxian

Today, Cascais nr Lisbon, another tourist with a K7/K5/K3 (couldn't tell which) - and a lady with a low-end Nikon DSLR with the flash up at 4pm on a bright sunny day by the seaside (don't they almost all do that ).

09-25-2015, 03:58 PM   #4025
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by jeallen01 Quote
and a lady with a low-end Nikon DSLR with the flash up at 4pm on a bright sunny day by the seaside (don't they almost all do that ).
I probably use flash more on a sunny day than in low light. :-)
09-25-2015, 08:36 PM   #4026
Pentaxian

On a sunset cruise last night and the Chinese tourist with a Nikon next to me started the shoot with the on board flash up.
Nearest object possibly requiring illumination was 500m away. She shut down the flash after a few shots.
09-26-2015, 03:10 AM   #4027
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Arjay Bee Quote
On a sunset cruise last night and the Chinese tourist with a Nikon next to me started the shoot with the on board flash up.
Nearest object possibly requiring illumination was 500m away. She shut down the flash after a few shots.
Gee, Nikon flashes are not very powerful then ... gee.

09-26-2015, 07:10 AM   #4028
Veteran Member

Pentax detected: Kako enostavno fotografiramo Lunin mrk?
It's a tutorial on how to photograph the upcoming moon eclipse.
09-26-2015, 09:42 AM   #4029
Forum Member

First time I've seen a Pentax ad here in Latvia (or any EU country that I've been to in last couple of years for that matter).

Found this ad on a large department store, so I've dropped in, checked out photography section and actually found K-3II, K-S2 and some lenses (18-55, 55-300 and DA 35, no * or Limiteds ) on display. Had a little chat with one of the employees as well and he actually had some knowledge about the K-S2 and K-3II!
09-27-2015, 08:54 AM - 1 Like   #4030
Pentaxian

Does anyone on the site resemble the dude in the ad? Lol, I know I don't. We should have a 'Resemble the guy in the ad contest'.
09-27-2015, 09:26 AM   #4031
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
does anyone on the site resemble the dude in the ad? Lol, i know i don't. We should have a 'resemble the guy in the ad contest'.
lawl
09-27-2015, 09:28 AM   #4032
Pentaxian

Does anyone on the site resemble the dude in the ad? Lol, I know I don't. We should have a 'Resemble the guy in the ad contest'.
Hey, that's me... I didn't sign a model release, Wat Up Wid Dat?
09-27-2015, 09:46 AM   #4033
Veteran Member

When I was about nine years old, I had delusions that I might look that someday, but then I grew up and got over it.
09-27-2015, 09:58 AM   #4034
Pentaxian

I believe Alex (Heie) can fulfill those qualifications on a daily basis.
09-27-2015, 09:59 AM   #4035
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by E-man Quote
When I was about nine years old, I had delusions that I might look that someday, but then I grew up and got over it.
That's the difference between you and me, you grew up....