Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2399 Likes Search this Thread
10-26-2015, 12:27 AM - 1 Like   #4066
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
His wife was a Nikon shooter. Who says mixed marriages can't work?
It'll never last!

10-26-2015, 10:09 AM   #4067

QuoteOriginally posted by Trey45 Quote
The camera club I belong to has a rotating chair schedule and I am scheduled to chair the meeting Thursday this week. I am giving a presentation on Pentax. I'm taking all 7 of my Pentax cameras and a good mix of old and new lenses. This will be the first meeting where Pentax has been highlighted. I'm not just a user, I'm also an enabler!
At my Camera Club members run the risk of being suspended if they dare bring a camera (other than the compact they feel naked without) on the main Club night unless it is to sell or loan one to another member or to ask for specific advice.They are only allowed to do so when essential to a practical night or have been spefically requested to take a formal photograph at a meeting.

Speakers are allowed to do so without penalty when they are necessary to the "how I did it" part of a presentation.

The main Club night of any photographic club shoud be about images not about showing off equipment.

7 cameras and of a specific manufacturer too.....never!!!!! All you will do is to encourage Canikon owners to do the same..... and that is too too horrible to think about. I am starting to get nightmares about it already.
10-26-2015, 12:33 PM   #4068

LoneWolf, I believe I would last maybe one meeting at your club. Maybe!
10-26-2015, 12:51 PM   #4069
Veteran Member

10-28-2015, 09:43 AM   #4070

I actually LIKE it this way. Little to no danger of the Canon / Nikon person with the latest and greatest whatever coming up to you to strike up a conversation so they can show it off to you. They just look at your camera, turn and walk away 99% of the time. And when you ask someone to take a shot of you and yours for you, you don't have to worry much about then running off with your stuff.
10-30-2015, 01:57 AM   #4071
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Yeah, the great Betty White's guest appearance has already got its own thread.

Unfortunately, from the screen shot there she was trying to take a picture with the Exposure Compensation button.

Details, schmetails ...
I hope we don't get a reputation as an old ladies camera.....
11-04-2015, 10:34 AM - 4 Likes   #4072
Veteran Member

Welp...

Attached Images

Last edited by Giklab; 11-04-2015 at 11:17 AM.
11-04-2015, 10:39 AM   #4073

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lucky-Luc Quote
We should start a pentax religion, maybe we would stop paying tax on our pentax gear.
Taxes on Pentax Gear.... Since when... lol. Isn't that what flea markets are for
11-04-2015, 11:14 AM   #4074
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Giklab Quote
Welp...
LOL, nice one
11-04-2015, 12:15 PM   #4075
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Spent a day and a half at Colonial Williamsburg in Virginia. It is a great experience, properly restored buildings, period furniture or exacting reproductions, well-versed guides and docents in period costume. Saw NO Pentaxes, only a few CaNikons, but the usual scrum of cell phones, I Pads, and whatever.
11-04-2015, 02:07 PM   #4076
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Zafar Iqbal Quote
LOL, nice one
I wonder if he/she'll see it here
11-04-2015, 07:19 PM   #4077
Forum Member

Of all place to see fairly well stocked camera shop, Tamworth, regional town in NSW, a k50, a ksii, a superzoom, and an empty Pentax spot (k3 ?), owner a keen Pentax shooter, has already budgeted for a personal FF.
11-04-2015, 08:47 PM   #4078
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I went to a meetup last weekend with 7 other photographers. This was kind of strange because it wasn't your usual herd of Canikons.
2 Canons
1 Nikon
1 Sony
1 Fuji
1 Olympus
1 P&S (didn't see the brand, but he may be stepping up to a K-50)
2 Pentax (Well, I had two and used them both)
11-05-2015, 01:12 PM - 3 Likes   #4079

QuoteOriginally posted by oscaletrains Quote
I actually LIKE it this way. Little to no danger of the Canon / Nikon person with the latest and greatest whatever coming up to you to strike up a conversation so they can show it off to you. They just look at your camera, turn and walk away 99% of the time. And when you ask someone to take a shot of you and yours for you, you don't have to worry much about then running off with your stuff.
Your comment reminded me of an instance in which that (mutual shots) happened to me.

I was vacationing some years ago (more years than what I want to disclose) visiting downtown Vienna. I was sporting my Pentax ME. The weather was dreadful, raining all day long, and almost nobody in sight. That was a very wet year BTW.

Then I saw a young guy (as myself at the time) taking pictures. I crossed a street and approached him, offered with signs to take him a photo with his camera (I do not really remember the brand but it was a nice reflex). My offer was to take a shot from across the street with his camera. He hesitated and had this doubtful face for a few seconds and it dawned on me that he was thinking that I was going to run with his precious reflex. I jumped toward him and offered mine in exchange. That closed the deal.

I took his shot with his camera and he took the shot with mine. We walked together sporting the other's camera for something like half an hour or a little more, to take mutual shots of the interesting spots in Vienna. It was one of those times in which notwithstanding the language barrier and personal backgrounds, we were able to find common ground in photography and being able to help each other.

I fondly keep this memory in my mind. Don't ask me his name or the brand of the camera. It was only the fact that we spent some time together based on our love for fine cameras and being both tourists by ourselves in Vienna.

Have a great day, you all.

Norberto

---------- Post added 11-05-15 at 02:30 PM ----------

BTW, Pentax gear has started to appear slowly but surely in Mexican department stores. Spotted a red K-50 at a Sanborns store, and my brother said that he tested a K-3 at the local Best Buy store. Only problem, with the last slide of the exchange rate against the US dollar, anything imported has hiked a lot the selling prices in Mexico.

Still, I am hoping that Best Buy might give a good discount this upcoming Black Friday, sufficiently enough to buy a K-3 with the 18-135 WR lens. Let's see what happens.

Norberto
11-05-2015, 01:50 PM   #4080
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by trevinon Quote

---------- Post added 11-05-15 at 02:30 PM ----------

BTW, Pentax gear has started to appear slowly but surely in Mexican department stores. Spotted a red K-50 at a Sanborns store, and my brother said that he tested a K-3 at the local Best Buy store. Only problem, with the last slide of the exchange rate against the US dollar, anything imported has hiked a lot the selling prices in Mexico.

Still, I am hoping that Best Buy might give a good discount this upcoming Black Friday, sufficiently enough to buy a K-3 with the 18-135 WR lens. Let's see what happens.

Norberto
Last time i see the Sanborns price for the K50 was like 850usd (like 6-8 months ago) idk today prices, but at that cost i dont believe they sell many cameras if you can buy a T3i/4 or a D3300/3400 or similar at +/-400usd at SamsClub or Fotomecanica, or even the grey market at Plaza de la Tecnologia, Pentax need better pricing if they want to enter in the market