Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2399 Likes Search this Thread
04-28-2016, 04:02 AM   #4306
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
We do have to wonder, Nicolas. We also get non/former Pentax shooters like Jsherman, Osv and Neostyles (who are what Rupert calls 'jumpers') posting to this forum, trashing people's choices.
You know that the one converted recently are the most strict and have to bother others about it

OSV make fine pictures and the few time he show them I enjoy looking at them... Problem is much often I just read some Pentax bashing and Sony propaganda from him and that"s a bit boring.

Last edited by Nicolas06; 04-28-2016 at 04:18 AM.
04-28-2016, 04:10 AM   #4307
Pentaxian

Just watching a 2015 PBS America programme "Airborne Warriors - Drones", and about 35mins in they look at the sensor systems on the Predator B - and, in the nose you can quite clearly see that the main taking off/landing video camera has a Pentax F1.2 12mm TV lens on it!

Wonder if they still use that one, or have they now gone to the dark side?

Last edited by jeallen01; 04-30-2016 at 08:39 AM. Reason: inserted PBS programme date
04-28-2016, 04:29 AM   #4308
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Nicolas06 Quote
You know that the one converted recently are the most strict and have to bother others about it

OSV make fine pictures and the few time he show them I enjoy looking at them...
Dunno.

I really like Jay's photography, though - as good to learn from as many other forum members I admire.

I like your DA15 stuff, BTW, and try to get high contrast into my own shots.

04-28-2016, 10:56 AM   #4309
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
I like your DA15 stuff, BTW, and try to get high contrast into my own shots.
Thanks for the kind words !

04-30-2016, 06:47 AM   #4310
Veteran Member

These folks use a WG-III for filming their youtube videos. They have a pretty good subscriber base and view rate.

See at 30secs.

https://www.facebook.com/iciquebec/videos/1094976753893577/?pnref=story
04-30-2016, 10:08 AM   #4311
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Standardized remote releases? Not likely!

QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
Now that you guys are saying that some cameras have it, it would have been great if that standard could have been continued to be used to all cameras. I wonder why it was discontinued by most manufacturers.
Well, to my knowledge there were at least two different styles of mechanical cable releases. Most film cameras used one with a tapered male thread which screwed into the shutter release button or plunger. Leica, my Nikon S2 and my old AsahiFlex IIa, and perhaps others, used a sort of a internally threaded cup which screwed to the base of the shutter release after you removed a trim collar - which usually got lost! What were they thinking!

And why aren't electronic releases standardized? Probably why PTTL protocols aren't standardized. To boost sales! Or am I being cynical and not properly reverential about the workings of the "free" market....
05-02-2016, 02:29 PM   #4312
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I had a great day at the NY Botanical Gardens this past Saturday. Great weather and most things were in bloom. I did see one other Pentaxian besides myself! Not sure what it was, but a DSLR for certain. Most of the time it is only Canikons, with an occasional Sony.

Regards,

Last edited by BigDave; 05-03-2016 at 01:45 PM. Reason: Addition
05-03-2016, 05:53 AM   #4313
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

cable shutter release

pacerr wrote: "I'm fabricating an accessory bracket that suspends the tip of a mechanical cable over the shutter button..."

I began my photography hobby/career with a camera that required such a device. My first SLR was a Petri FT. The shutter release was positioned on the right front of the body, not on the top as other cameras, and there was no threaded hole for attaching a release cable. Instead, the cable had to attach to a small cap-like piece which attached to a threaded collar around the shutter button.

The idea is not new, but the concept may have application for future cameras. Allowing a combination of mechanical and electronic functions.
05-04-2016, 06:30 PM - 1 Like   #4314
Veteran Member

I was at a Holy Communion........ long story short? Here are the pictures between a smart phone and a K30

Smart phone

Here's the K-30

And this is why......... Smartphones stink
05-04-2016, 07:06 PM   #4315
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
If you want proper documentation with pictures worth showing, there is no compromise to images taken by a DSLR. I never use smart phones for important events like this.
05-04-2016, 09:11 PM   #4316
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Helios 84-5 Quote
I was doing street photography in Montreal's downtown and came accross a horde of Canikon users with their L lenses (I think they were migrating), they were carrying more gears then I can fit in my DTS's trunk. They all looked ready for a photographer beauty pageant with their immaculate attires and equipments, they probably thought I was somekind of beggar when I passed by :-/
I would look like 54 yr old lady with no makeup, no perfume, caring a camera bag or backpack instead of anything purse like. They would have to figure out the forum t-shirt.... As far as gear, I want all of it with me but it's just not practical if I bring the 35mm I always wish I had the 500mm. Why is that? But I am always a satisfied K-3 user group of One. I tried to use a Nikon D3200 two days ago I got lost on the menu panel.
05-05-2016, 11:08 AM   #4317

Hadn't considered it much really but come to think of it, I have yet to see another Pentax in the wild. Wait, I did see someone once with one of those weather/water proof point and shoot cameras
05-05-2016, 04:01 PM - 1 Like   #4318
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by sherrvonne Quote
I would look like 54 yr old lady with no makeup, no perfume, caring a camera bag or backpack instead of anything purse like. They would have to figure out the forum t-shirt.... As far as gear, I want all of it with me but it's just not practical if I bring the 35mm I always wish I had the 500mm. Why is that? But I am always a satisfied K-3 user group of One. I tried to use a Nikon D3200 two days ago I got lost on the menu panel.

I, too, like to be a K-50 user group of One. Bigger groups need to stop, go to the bathroom, eat a lunch, go to the peepee room again, there's just no end to it.
05-06-2016, 03:54 AM   #4319
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Saw a person with a Pentax Q camera. 1st time ever seeing someone with a Pentax aside from me in the state of Kansas. (Technically 2nd time, but that was years ago and he doesn't live in Kansas anymore)
05-06-2016, 06:42 PM - 2 Likes   #4320
Veteran Member

Today I saw a sight rarer than a Pentax, an OM-D user. It was majestic.