Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2398 Likes Search this Thread
07-24-2018, 07:53 PM - 1 Like   #5266
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I forgot to post this a few weeks ago, but at Niagara Falls over the week after the 4th of July and had a bit of a surprise, with 3 pentaxes and one pentax owner (ME Super) film camera, commenting on each other! I had my K-1, there was a K30 and K50. And the most popular camera at the falls network (we visited both the US and Canadian sides), yep, the camera phone!

PS- It helped to start the conversation having the Pentax Forums T shirt on!

07-25-2018, 03:26 AM   #5267
Pentaxian

I saw a guy with what looked like one of the more entry level Pentax DSLRs (couldn't tell which model, even approximately) last weekend in the plaza mayor in Segovia, Spain.
07-25-2018, 11:11 PM   #5268
Pentaxian

Photos: Albums
I saw a man with a Pentax while in the Uffizi in Florence nearly two weeks back.
07-26-2018, 08:01 PM - 1 Like   #5269
Veteran Member

Here in Vegas I'm seeing more and more Pentax shooters down at the Strip.....kinda cool to see

07-28-2018, 10:04 AM   #5270
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I’ve only seen 2 with Pentax in the past few months and surprisingly both were the Q.
07-28-2018, 02:52 PM   #5271

QuoteOriginally posted by Genobreaker Quote
I’ve only seen 2 with Pentax in the past few months and surprisingly both were the Q.
Funny now that you mention it: I am in Italy, and to this days I've never seen a Q in real life!

Always wanted to try one... sometimes even bid to buy one... never won an auction, and I haven't got the chance.

From tourist in my area, the most I have seen in the past it's K-30 and K-50. Four or five K-5, and two or three K-S2.

But the most "rock&roll" encounter was a tourist with a Pentax 67 on a tripod (of course!)... I was admiring that
absolute unit of a camera... he recognized the 645n at my neck... but damn, he was an old German, and I speak only Italian and English!
07-31-2018, 08:22 PM   #5272
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by rognone Quote
Funny now that you mention it: I am in Italy, and to this days I've never seen a Q in real life!

Always wanted to try one... sometimes even bid to buy one... never won an auction, and I haven't got the chance.

From tourist in my area, the most I have seen in the past it's K-30 and K-50. Four or five K-5, and two or three K-S2.

But the most "rock&roll" encounter was a tourist with a Pentax 67 on a tripod (of course!)... I was admiring that
absolute unit of a camera... he recognized the 645n at my neck... but damn, he was an old German, and I speak only Italian and English!
All I got to say is, the Q was tiny lol.

07-31-2018, 09:42 PM   #5273
Veteran Member

I'll say this about the Q. It's great as an event camera if you mount a flash.

It's not intimidating, the great depth of field helps ensure everyone is in focus and good bounce flash ensures good quality light.
08-01-2018, 03:08 AM   #5274
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by howieb101 Quote
I'll say this about the Q. It's great as an event camera if you mount a flash.

It's not intimidating, the great depth of field helps ensure everyone is in focus and good bounce flash ensures good quality light.
Its slightly ironic. I have an Olympus stylus 1s which shares the same sensor as the later Q and yet it is regarded on the forum as a good doorstop
08-01-2018, 05:03 AM   #5275
Veteran Member

Well, I have shot a few family events with said setup and it works well.

Note: I like to shoot flash in manual mode so no pre-flash. Makes shooting faster and consistent.
08-01-2018, 07:31 AM   #5276
T T

Wish I could spot more pentax users, but alas, it's more difficult than finding a needle in a haystack.
08-01-2018, 09:08 AM   #5277
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by swanlefitte Quote
So the trend on this thread is now how i didn't see a pentax by default. I can confirm i also haven't seen a pentax in about 2 years in a tourist town while on the look out.
It seems to be that way. So...

In Bon Echo Provincial Park, we went out on a boat tour, and the person in from of me was shooting using a Canon 5Dmkiii. With flash, in day light, on the water, taking pics of the cliff face, in the sun. Seemed odd.

I worked with several people that have pentax and still shoot it as well. And my family will only use pentax, as I have a K-r, K-5 and K-3ii now.
08-01-2018, 10:54 AM - 1 Like   #5278
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by aT0Mx Quote

In Bon Echo Provincial Park, we went out on a boat tour, and the person in from of me was shooting using a Canon 5Dmkiii. With flash, in day light, on the water, taking pics of the cliff face, in the sun. Seemed odd.

I worked with several people that have pentax and still shoot it as well. And my family will only use pentax, as I have a K-r, K-5 and K-3ii now.
Obviously there were shadows in the cliff that needed a fill in flash!
08-01-2018, 12:21 PM   #5279
Pentaxian

In Bon Echo Provincial Park, we went out on a boat tour, and the person in from of me was shooting using a Canon 5Dmkiii. With flash, in day light, on the water, taking pics of the cliff face, in the sun. Seemed odd..
So common, unfortunately, because many "don't know any better" than to pop the flash up every time they take photos - like those who shoot landscapes at night or at concerts (etc.) whilst sitting at the back of the venues!
08-01-2018, 03:26 PM   #5280
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery

Please tell me that at least the lens hood was on the right way...