Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
06-13-2019, 10:19 AM   #5521
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Aha, Skoda's owned by Volkswagon.
Fuji Heavy Industries owns both Toyota and Subaru, hence some of their technology sharing.

06-13-2019, 09:15 PM - 2 Likes   #5522
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I bought a Land Rover Defender new and about to buy a Pentax K1ii , do i require medication, or do i have a keen eye for best of breed.
06-14-2019, 12:02 AM - 1 Like   #5523
Otis Memorial Pentaxian
Otis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis FanOtis Fan
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Roaming Quote
I bought a Land Rover Defender new and about to buy a Pentax K1ii , do i require medication, or do i have a keen eye for best of breed.
Immaculate tastes, Roaming … although you better make sure you buy a pair of jumper leads to go with that Land Rover and keep 'em real close for constant use.
06-14-2019, 06:07 PM   #5524
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by clackers Quote
Immaculate tastes, Roaming … although you better make sure you buy a pair of jumper leads to go with that Land Rover and keep 'em real close for constant use.
Check, done, about to install a 3rd battery, have to keep the beer cold

06-17-2019, 06:38 AM   #5525
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
It's good to know I'm not the only one who does that.
You guys are really really hilarious

I've never been to Scotland, or anywhere near the UK for that matter.
But based on what i always hear from people from the UK, the weather there is, how should i say it, "liquid overload".
06-17-2019, 11:32 AM - 2 Likes   #5526
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by termy Quote

But based on what i always hear from people from the UK, the weather there is, how should i say it, "liquid overload".

In the UK there is usually mizzle. Very rarely is there even what in Australia is called heavy rain, let alone the tropic storms in Singapore or even more extremely further away from the equator, like in Taiwan.

The English invented cricket, a game which can only be played in dry weather. This seemed like such a paradox to Australians. I finally worked out why they invented cricket. Cricket is a socially acceptable excuse for sitting in the pavilion drinking pints.
06-17-2019, 11:48 PM - 2 Likes   #5527
Pentaxian

I would point out that we generally have sufficient rain for our needs - and rumours of some rural villages where the dwellers have webbed feet are nothing but a vile calumny.

06-18-2019, 12:41 AM   #5528
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
In the UK there is usually mizzle. Very rarely is there even what in Australia is called heavy rain, let alone the tropic storms in Singapore or even more extremely further away from the equator, like in Taiwan.

The English invented cricket, a game which can only be played in dry weather. This seemed like such a paradox to Australians. I finally worked out why they invented cricket. Cricket is a socially acceptable excuse for sitting in the pavilion drinking pints.

Yeap, that "misty mizzle" way.

Over here is "humidity overload". Thunderstorms yes, quite often.
But also stretches of very warm (but still humid) weather.

The humidity levels in Oz never fail to amaze me. First time in my life i experience a pair of jeans totally dry out within 2-3hours (during Oz summer).

Cricket!!! Love that game.

This love of cricket came with having spent 4years in Oz.

Not that Shane Warne is any "model character" but oh mannnnnnn, always love the times when Warney bowled them out with some wicked spinner, totally caught them out, and how the bails just flew.

Or how Glenn McGrath sends a rocket which just smash clean through.

Love it!
06-18-2019, 04:21 AM   #5529
Pentaxian

Yeap, that "misty mizzle" way.

Over here is "humidity overload". Thunderstorms yes, quite often.
But also stretches of very warm (but still humid) weather.

The humidity levels in Oz never fail to amaze me. First time in my life i experience a pair of jeans totally dry out within 2-3hours (during Oz summer).

Cricket!!! Love that game.

This love of cricket came with having spent 4years in Oz.

Not that Shane Warne is any "model character" but oh mannnnnnn, always love the times when Warney bowled them out with some wicked spinner, totally caught them out, and how the bails just flew.

Or how Glenn McGrath sends a rocket which just smash clean through.

Love it!
I remember seeing a few others play. Dean Jones 212 at Adelaide, v WI. And the same day Tim May 24, a PB, and Merv Hughes 89, really something to be there in person. Before Adelaide Oval was turned into a cookie cutter stadium.
06-18-2019, 04:26 AM   #5530
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tim60 Quote
I remember seeing a few others play. Dean Jones 212 at Adelaide, v WI. And the same day Tim May 24, a PB, and Merv Hughes 89, really something to be there in person. Before Adelaide Oval was turned into a cookie cutter stadium.
How about Bangladesh in the World Cup yesterday? 322 in just over 41 overs.

06-26-2019, 01:06 PM - 1 Like   #5531
Pentaxian

When I see a ranger protecting me from poachers I will know we are not just rare but critically endangered.
06-28-2019, 09:10 PM   #5532
Veteran Member

In the height of the summer I have hung out a load of washing, including jeans, and gone to put another load in. When the second load is finished (roughly 35 minutes} the first set is bone dry....

When I first got to Aus I bemoaned the fact that Aussie houses didn't have airing cupboard which all my UK houses had and which were used to air clothes which had been hanging outside. Then the first week of an Aussie summer where the average temperature was >35 degrees answered all my questions.
06-30-2019, 10:46 PM - 3 Likes   #5533

I like being unique and out of mainstream, actually that's one reason I didn't choose Cannon and Nikon when I started my DSLR life
07-01-2019, 01:30 AM - 1 Like   #5534
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I wanted weather sealing, a bunch of control wheels and access to as many cheap lenses as possible to play around with (I wasn't willing to spend a ton of money and like fiddling), so Pentax it was.

In the year since I started, I've more or less tried to "keep track" of what people walking around in touristy places were shooting. More or less equal parts Canikony (Slightly more Nikon, then Canon, except if you have a group of Asian tourists, then they invariably field an army of A7s). You have the odd Fuji here and there. I've seen a grand total of one Pentax. And It was a Spotmatic with a Takumar at a Kandinsky exhibition.
07-02-2019, 04:28 AM - 1 Like   #5535
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TER-OR Quote
Fuji Heavy Industries owns both Toyota and Subaru, hence some of their technology sharing.
according to wiki, Subaru, formerly Fuji Heavy Industries, where Toyota owns 16.48%

Subaru Corporation - Wikipedia