Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2395 Likes Search this Thread
12-15-2019, 12:29 PM   #5941
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Alex645 Quote
That had to either be an OLD story or a "tall" one: TWO agents? ONE city?
There are several large cities in the world where there can be EVEN two Petnax agents

12-15-2019, 12:31 PM   #5942
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Jonathan Mac Quote
I'm pretty sure that's us.

Maybe there will be someone else? :RE
12-15-2019, 03:31 PM - 1 Like   #5943
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Fotus Tuus Quote
There are several large cities in the world where there can be EVEN two Petnax agents
Petnax, Petco, and Petsmart, I believe. But Pentax.....outside of Japan, I'm not so sure.
12-15-2019, 10:35 PM   #5944

I've seen other Pentax cameras pointed around a couple times when I've been out taking pics, generally in highly crowded situations. Most notably for me was in Kentucky at an international equestrian event.

But wish there were more of us!

12-15-2019, 10:55 PM   #5945
Forum Member

ive used a k50, k70 and KP in the rain and 30 degree F weather in japan. all work fine.

i dont see alot of pentaxians in general. saw a couple people in japan with elaborate pentax rigs at the Ginko fest in Tokyo last month
12-16-2019, 06:03 PM   #5946
Veteran Member

If you look at the worldwide users map... in my country you will only find me

Yes, we are
12-16-2019, 07:27 PM   #5947

I saw another Pentax user this weekend in the DFW area at the the Ricoh/Pentax demonstration with the Ricoh/Pentax Representative, Tony Napoli. The demo was held at Arlington Camera in Arlinton, TX. I think meeting another Pentax user at this venue is bit of a stacked deck. The other Pentax user and I joked that we were probably the only two Pentax users in the DFW area! I am sure there are others in this area!

12-17-2019, 02:05 AM   #5948
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by Fotus Tuus Quote
OK. God bless you!
Thanks again Fotus Tuus
12-18-2019, 12:00 PM   #5949
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Keep shooting!
12-19-2019, 05:48 PM   #5950
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Lord Lucan Quote
Perhaps this thread should morph into the question Are (D)SLR users really THAT rare?

After today's experience, I'd like to suggest that this thread should morph into the question Are interchangable lens cameras really that rare?

I went into a retail store today to buy some cheese (see photo). The young lady behind the counter asked me if my camera was really "old" because she does not see cameras like mine around anymore - only smart phone cameras. The camera I was using was a Fuji X APS-C digtial camera that maybe 4 years old! Ouch...

Last edited by Fenwoodian; 05-06-2020 at 10:47 PM.
12-19-2019, 07:41 PM   #5951
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by Fenwoodian Quote
After today's experience, I'd like to suggest that this thread should morph into the question Are interchangable lens cameras really that rare?

I went into a retail store today to buy some cheese (see photo). The young lady behind the counter asked me if my camera was really "old" because she does not see cameras like mine around anymore - only smart phone cameras. The camera I was using was a Fuji X APS-C digtial camera that maybe 4 years old! Ouch...
Crazy! Could have been the styling too maybe? I mean, I guess she explained her reasoning. It's true though, I feel like point and shoots took over for a bit, then Canon Rebels, and now that cheaper segment has all but disappeared with smartphones.
12-19-2019, 09:14 PM   #5952

To that person's credit, Fuji's are designed to look like an old camera. I like the retro look, but every time I see a picture of a Fuji, it's that retro vibe, like an old Fujica - metal bottom plate, top plate, in silver, gray, or black, leatherette grip, 'prism' hump or rangefinder looking design.

If they wanted to do something different, they could've gone down the path of Pentax, like the K01 or their Instax film cameras, but they didn't.
12-19-2019, 09:15 PM - 1 Like   #5953
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
I've only seen 2 other Pentax camera's in the wild. 1 is my daughter (my fault) and the other is one of my co-workers ( my fault too...darn it). My daughter did see a guy from Japan (very little English) that picked her out on the Blue Ridge Parkyway (North Carolina), because she has one of those large "PENTAX" straps on her camera. She said he had a Pentax camera around his neck and was grinning ear to ear and was looking for directions. Directions, right, there are only 2 ways you can go on the parkway. I bet he was looking for directions
12-20-2019, 01:08 PM   #5954
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by 7.62lew Quote
she has one of those large "PENTAX" straps on her camera.
I never like to advertise the brand of my camera.. So, all of my straps are plain black, and of the camera logos /model-badges on the camera itself are blacked out with a Sharpie (or gaffer's tape).

So if you saw me in the wild, you likely wouldn't ID me as a Pentax shooter.

Even so, I've been confronted by angry folks claiming I was taking photos of their property with a Leica (I guess it would have been OK had I been using another other brand).

People just don't want to leave photographers be these days. .... ...Smartphones = OK .... .... Big cameras = evil intentions.
12-20-2019, 01:37 PM   #5955
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

I never like to advertise the brand of my camera.. So, all of my straps are plain black, and of the camera logos /model-badges on the camera itself are blacked out with a Sharpie (or gaffer's tape).

So if you saw me in the wild, you likely wouldn't ID me as a Pentax shooter.

Even so, I've been confronted by angry folks claiming I was taking photos of their property with a Leica (I guess it would have been OK had I been using another other brand).

People just don't want to leave photographers be these days. .... ...Smartphones = OK .... .... Big cameras = evil intentions.
The world is getting more and more stupid. Why would people choose the wise DSLR cameras of Pentax?