Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2395 Likes Search this Thread
01-02-2020, 03:29 AM   #6031
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
Thanking everyone for the New Year's wishes, I am happy to return them - to all Pentaxians: I wish you a Happy New Year 2020, full of successful photos with a Pentax camera in your hands

01-02-2020, 04:03 AM   #6032
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Now that I think of it, I have never run into another Pentax DSLR user while out and about. Only Nikon and Canon owners have crossed my path. One young Canon professional thought my Kx was an old school film camera. Sigh...
01-03-2020, 02:52 AM   #6033

Try Instagram.

Go to Instagram, search Pentaxian, Pentax, Pentax KP etc and your going to find lots of fellow users most with outstanding work on show.

As I side note I attended my daughters graduation ceremony in Carlisle (UK) Cathedral at the back end of last year and as we were coming out I passed another Pentax user easily identified by the Pentax strap around his neck attached to a dslr who was waiting to enter for the afternoon ceremony. Unfortunately I never got the time to talk to him.
01-03-2020, 04:37 AM   #6034
Pentaxian

I've been shot at by cellphones and Fuji's during the last weeks. Ohhh it hurts when they capture my image!!! It reduces the FORCE in me. I have to meditate and concentrate on increasing the FORCE within me. Ooooommmmmmmm, Oooommmmmmmmm, Ooooooommmmmm.

01-03-2020, 04:45 AM   #6035
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by totsmuyco Quote
I've been shot at by cellphones and Fuji's during the last weeks. Ohhh it hurts when they capture my image!!! It reduces the FORCE in me. I have to meditate and concentrate on increasing the FORCE within me. Ooooommmmmmmm, Oooommmmmmmmm, Ooooooommmmmm.
I suggest: take more walks with the Pentax camera. But make less photos
01-06-2020, 01:58 AM - 4 Likes   #6036
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by cprobertson1 Quote
I just got a compliment on my DSLR from a work colleague - said my K-50 is a "serious-looking bit of kit!"

He then asked what "Pentax" means - I explained that it was the make of the camera... and he asked if it was a Chinese knockoff of a Canon or Nikon. O_o

... Almost spat my coffee out at that one!

He's actually looking to upgrade his Nikon bridge camera, and was impressed by the specs on the K-1 and K-3 (relative to similarly spec'd Canons and Nikons - especially on the price front) - said he was glad he saw me with it in the office, as he's now leaning towards a Pentax!

I think we may have a convert! Prepare the initiation ceremony! I hope my robes still fit...
Back at work today and that particular colleague had a beautiful new KP...

I'm totally jealous.
01-06-2020, 02:30 AM   #6037
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
The French and German forums are quite active. I have only been to the Italian site a couple times but it also seems to be alive. Of course, Japan and China also seem to have very active forums judging by the reports we see.
Well, the used to main German Pentax forum died the last years too. But right, the alternative grew a bit. In total I still think it is on a decline, but this is true for other brands too.

01-06-2020, 04:58 AM   #6038
Pentaxian

I'm totally jealous.
You have successfully recruited an Apprentice Jedi Pentaxian. May he learn to use the Pentax Force and live to be a true Jedi Pentaxian.
01-06-2020, 05:43 AM   #6039
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by WorksAsIntended Quote
Well, the used to main German Pentax forum died the last years too. But right, the alternative grew a bit. In total I still think it is on a decline, but this is true for other brands too.
I have always seen Pentaxians as the most useful German Pentax site and it is still very much alive. It, in fact, reminds me a lot of Pentax Forums.
01-06-2020, 05:58 AM   #6040
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I’m not a follower of the ‘In Crowd’ and never have been. My cameras are Pentax, my computers are Apple and my phones are Samsung Galaxies. Every other photographer I know, and I know dozens including at least ten working professionals, uses the iPhone along with their Canon or Nikon DSLRs. Sorry, my Galaxy S7 edge has a really great camera and has survived drops, being stepped on several times and flying off a car roof and landing on the street. Try that with any iPhone, even with the best case ever and see what happens.
01-06-2020, 06:06 AM   #6041
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nice work.

---------- Post added 01-07-2020 at 12:12 AM ----------

QuoteOriginally posted by steamloco76 Quote
Sorry, my Galaxy S7 edge has a really great camera and has survived drops, being stepped on several times and flying off a car roof and landing on the street. Try that with any iPhone, even with the best case ever and see what happens.
I have an S4 that has been dunked (Whilst chasing frogs camera in hand) dropped etc. Work wants to repace it with an iphone. I will resist till the end.

I don"t think we are THAT rare we are not so in your face.
01-06-2020, 06:14 AM   #6042
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yes we are rare but so are any kind of DSLR or mirrorless these days. I was in Rotorua, New Zealand that is full of tourists. In the morning I saw mainly Sony A6xxx series camera's while in the afternoon a few DSLRs. I think I saw one Olympus while the DLSR's were a mix of Canon and Nikon. About 1/2 1/2.

However, the overwhelmingly used camera's were cellphone and cellphones on selfie-sticks. Probably about 5-6 years ago, DSLRs were everywhere but they are certainly a dying breed these days.
01-06-2020, 07:23 AM   #6043
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Mikesul Quote
I have always seen Pentaxians as the most useful German Pentax site and it is still very much alive. It, in fact, reminds me a lot of Pentax Forums.
I think when I started being active pentaxians was not there yet.
01-12-2020, 03:50 AM   #6044
Pentaxian

I attended a 30th Wedding anniversary yesterday. I've been Nikoned and Canoned. I think yes, I've also been Sonyed and Fujied. When will I ever be Pentaxed besides my own cameras?
01-12-2020, 04:07 AM   #6045
Veteran Member

If it is important to you, you could move to japan.