Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-22-2007, 09:19 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Welded dust CCD question ....

ive recently done a wet sensor cleaning on my k10d, after taking a test shot of a blank white screen and zooming in with photoshop, i noticed a small spec in the corner, so i went back and swabbed that area once more, then another test shot... still there.... once more... still there lol, after some reading online ive found that the description of this little spec matches that of the infamous "welded dust" ... zoomed it looks almost like a little pimple lol, a dark spec with a haze around it... anyways, this spec will NOT come off... i know this sounds really asinine and shallow to be asking about something like this, its not that it bothers me, im just curious if a spec of dust can be THAT stuck!? from what ive read welded dust should come off with a wet cleaning.... i did see a few stories about stubborn spots of dust that people had trouble with... but this just seems crazy! that spec seems to be literally welded on there! anyone have any experience with this? im curious if anyone has any info... thanks!

Last edited by pentaxbling; 08-22-2007 at 09:25 PM.
08-22-2007, 09:44 PM   #2

Me too! I have the same issue! After buying $90+ in sensor cleaning stuff and trying many time to clean that 1 spot. The only solution I have not tried yet, is to bring it into the repair depot,as that will take up to 2 weeks to get it fix.
08-22-2007, 10:27 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Yeah, I have one spot that stays even after repeated swabbing. I'm starting to wonder if it's just a dead pixel. Oh well, it only shows up really good on light backgrounds and high f stops. Cloning works.