Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-08-2010, 08:55 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Why I shoot Pentax

I blogged about this.

Shooting Pentax in a CaNikon World Scott Link Blog

I was lucky. I could have ended up shooting CaNikon.

08-08-2010, 11:48 AM   #2
Moderator PEG Judges

Your words there, echo exactly what many folk have said on this forum many times, enjoy your photography.
08-08-2010, 12:11 PM   #3
emr

Interesting blog post. Let's just hope the mods won't whack you with a tele lens for promoting your own blog.
08-08-2010, 12:11 PM   #4
Veteran Member

From the blog:

QuoteQuote:
I didn’t realize that buying a DSLR body was actually buying into a collection of lenses.
That's not in any of the user manuals or guides, is it? Buying an interchangeable-lens camera means marrying the lens system, and divorce is expensive. The camera is the box upon which one hangs lenses. Modern dSLRs are good for several years; lenses are good for several-to-many decades. I didn't know about the used-lens market when I bought my K20D. Analysis of cost and capability and complaints led me to Pentax; M42 lenses keep me here. Pentax may indeed release a new FF body line, and I'm ready -- of the 80+ lenses I can mount on the K20, just three (3) are DA's, limited to (half-frame) APS-C or smaller sensors. I'm married to Pentax.

08-08-2010, 04:39 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by emr Quote
Let's just hope the mods won't whack you with a tele lens for promoting your own blog.
Wasn't my intent. First time I ever wrote about Pentax, so I thought I'd share. If need be, I'll copy and paste the whole thing here.

RioRico- it's a lot like software. Buy an Android phone and get some apps, suddenly it costs a lot to switch. Could sub in iPhone/PC/Mac. I'm just glad the camera body is good, too.

slinky
08-08-2010, 04:50 PM   #6
Pentaxian

nice article. I enjoyed reading.
08-17-2010, 01:12 AM   #7
Site Supporter

From your blog:

"I like to think they are pretty good. Maybe not award winning, but they please my family and me."

To me, that is all that matters! Thanks for posting.
08-17-2010, 06:49 AM   #8

I like your blog, thanks for sharing. It is the same reason drive me into manual focus lenses I am not a photographer, shooting for fun is just what I need

08-17-2010, 07:48 AM   #9
Veteran Member

mediaslinky, I like your blog and the way you explained. I can agree with you. I started with a low budget film and the move to a DSLR. My friend shoot with Canikon and still wonder the samething "When am I switching to canikon". So far, I do not see that happening any time soon.