Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-23-2010, 07:14 AM   #16
Inactive Account

Photos: Albums
I think you got it covered with the wide angle lens. Your 10-20 will definitely cover that for some instances, but I bet your 17-70 will cover most instances. I'm not sure why you don't need the telephoto. I assume you will need it to get pictures of certain landscape while passing by some harbors/islands or perhaps dolphins. However, I personally wouldn't carry too many lens with me. I would rather spend more time enjoying the trip than coming back with 100K+ photos without ever feeling like I was there. :P

08-23-2010, 08:16 AM   #17
Veteran Member

Early in 2000, I flew non-stop San Francisco to Milan, then to Naples, thence three weeks on the Amalfi coast: Naples, Pompeii, Sorrento, Capri, Positano, Amalfi, Ravello, Salerno, Paestum, etc. No dSLR then, just a camcorder from which I grabbed frames. Were I returning now with what gear I have and what gear I want, I would take: 10-20, 18-200 or 18-250, fast 24 & 50 & 85, flash, macro tubes, Raynox lens. And that's the absolute minimum. Many argue against long lenses, but I like to pick out inaccessible details. It's also smart to have a good P&S in your pocket, for circumstances when a dSLR isn't appropriate.