Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-08-2010, 10:29 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Questions about The Bosque del Apache

So I'm headed to The Bosque del Apache in November sometime. Can someone give me suggestions of inexpensive places to stay close by there? Also I will be taking my K20D's along with the DA*300 and the Sigma 50-500mm are these going to give me enough reach for photographing the birds or do I need something a little longer?

Thanks
Jim Browning

08-08-2010, 10:43 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

I have never been there, but here is a page that addresses photography, where to stay and what else to see....

08-08-2010, 11:33 AM   #3
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
I must admit that I had to Google it, as I'd never heard of the place before.

But what I read quickly about it, sounds like you will have a great time, I'm quite jealous.
08-08-2010, 12:26 PM   #4
Veteran Member

I drove through there a few years ago (pre-Pentax for me) and stayed in Socorro, a nearby city (college town). Sorry, I don't recall which motel, but cheap ones abounded then. Socorro town has its odd fascinations. Don't miss the town park with the statue made from a fragment of the Trinity nuke. And especially don't miss the Very Large Array, 50 miles west of Socorro. Have fun!

08-08-2010, 03:16 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Thanks interested_observerfor the links. I have been to plenty of links about the place. But I was wondering if anyone from the website had actually been there that could give me a a hands on view of it.

Thanks
Jim