Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-08-2010, 10:07 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
here is the thing about flash cards, they don't last forever. there is a certain time that they would reach the end of their cycle. branded or higher end flash cards usually have longer lifespan and better reliability and durability. however, there are isolated cases that some may have issues regarding reliability but that's how warranty works. cheaper cards could offer the same warranty but we don't know how efficient or durable they would be.

these are what flash cards are and we can't do anything about them. at most, I would say that a card would have a 3 year lifespan (depending on use). and by that time, there would be new ones that you could buy for the same price that are better and have a bigger space.

08-09-2010, 03:38 AM   #17
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by tsofron Quote
Honestly, I've inserted the card into the right position :-)...handling an sd card it's a habbit, something like eating...

Anybody experienced anything similar?
This is a-typical of card use(I think).

It usually happens after enough use and I've come into the habit of inspecting my cards every so often to keep and eye on things. The only issue I've had is where some cheaper cards(A-Data) had been falling long before they were due(like within a year type of thing). Though for the most part this is pretty much a natural part of the wear-and-tear process.

PS. I usually use 16GB Sandisk for work(just right), however I've had really good success with the Patriot and Duracell cards which oddly have proven to be above av. in performance and durability. I shoot aprox. 12K per month in summer
08-09-2010, 08:58 AM   #18

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tsofron Quote
Dear all,

usually after taking pics, I remove the sd card from my camera, insert it into the sd card reader and transfer the pics.

Unfortunately, yesterday something very weird happend: as I inserted the card back into the K-7 I felt a sort of counterforce...stopped pushing...and when looked at the card, I saw that a small part near the lock lever was effectively chopped :-) by the K7. Obviously, the card is unusable - there are card error all over on the screen...

Honestly, I've inserted the card into the right position :-)...handling an sd card it's a habbit, something like eating...

Anybody experienced anything similar?

So...now I really need a new one - and I intend to buy a 16 gb class 10. Anybody experienced with Kingston or Kingmax? I've read that there might be some problems with class 10 cards...

Regards,
Tudor

ps: from now on, I'll only use the usb cable for transferrring pics...
Never my k-7, k200 causing problems but had a few card readers eat up bits of my cheaper plastic casing A-DATA SDHC cards. Usually the thin bits cover the gold contacts. My Lexar and Sandisk Extreme II/III ones are fine though.
08-09-2010, 10:52 AM   #19
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
My answer:
The SD card slot in the K7 is a faulty design.
Crap!