Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-10-2010, 03:54 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Quite possibly my Yashica Samurai Z2 half-frame SLR. Single-handed point-and-shoot operation, very comfy.

Of course, when we call into consideration the lack of controls and IQ of the Yashica, my old K20D steps in as the comfort king. Good feel in the hand, all essentials wonderfully accessible. However, I was always impressed by how good my friend's Olympus E-410 felt in my hands. I suppose I'm wierd.

08-10-2010, 04:01 PM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Pentax K200D with grip is not only the lightest but easiest to hold 8+ hrs per day, Pentax in general by far the lightest to hold for long periods only exclusion would be the monster 67

second would be Canon 1Ds mk3 but its HEAVY! the 7D gripped is close in bulk and weight.
08-12-2010, 12:24 PM   #33
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
I have owned two DSLR cameras and thought both of them fit great in my hands and around my neck while hiking.

My first DSLR was the Olympus E-500. I truly love that camera. I have shot thousands and thousands of photos with it and have loved every moment of it. It feels great in my hand.

This winter I purchased the K7 and enjoy it very much as well. It is a tad bit small for my hands when it comes to holding it and controlling the buttons. But I purchased the battery grip and find that it feels wonderful with that accessory attached. On the other hand, with the battery grip attached the K7 feels like you have a brick around your neck on long hikes. So if I am hitting the trail at all I do wo without the grip. In those cases it feels a little small in the hand, but still comfortable.

As for button and wheel layout I still prefer the Olympus to be honest. The K7 provides a lot more control which I enjoy and it feels really solid in my hand. But thus far I still prefer the way the buttons and wheels fit my hand and are laid out better with the Olympus.
08-12-2010, 03:29 PM   #34
PEG Moderator
Loyal Site Supporter

Location: Highlands of Scotland... "Hold Infinity in the palm of your hand" - William Blake
Photos: Gallery
It's a difficult one to answer, due to every ones hands being different sizes, but for me it's also about weight, I really like a slightly heavier camera, sounds daft but I seem steadier with increased weight.

08-13-2010, 01:14 PM   #35
Veteran Member

The LX + winder and the Leica M5, but my K20 + grip is as good as I want it to be...
The canikons are to heavy and bulky, even compared to the Hasselblad!