Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-10-2010, 01:00 PM   #1

[langtitle=ru]K10 AF issue[/langtitle]

Hi there! I would not like to start with an issue on this forum but I have to .
After been using K10D 3 years without any issue I met a big problem with AF. It started recently. After few minutes of taking photos AF got unusable. It tries few times and stops. Only long off-time (few hours) could fix this.

Since last weekend AF does not work at all. It does not matter what lenses type is used and what light condition is.
Focus confirmation looks OK in manual mode but I got a filling that not as good as before (I can be wrong).
I tried to clean camera but it did not help (honestly the body was clean).

So, should I go to nearest shop to by new body or there is a chance to fix it for reasonable cost?

08-10-2010, 03:02 PM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Hi,
You could take it to a camera shop in Auckland that sells Pentax. They will send it to the agent in Christchurch. Then you wait 6 weeks, complain, then wait another 4...Might be faster and better to send it to the excellent Australian distributor CR Kennedy Welcome to C.R. Kennedy | Photographic, Digital, Medical, Surveying, Surveillance, Digital Audio. CR Kennedy. Australia
They even have a repair form http://www.pentax.com.au/pentax/downloads/Repair%20form.pdf.
I reckon these guys would have the K10D back with you before the first reminder call to NZ service.

Pete

Last edited by Transit; 08-10-2010 at 03:16 PM.
08-11-2010, 12:36 PM   #3

Original Poster
Thanks! I'll think about it.
11-03-2011, 11:55 AM   #4

Original Poster
So, it has gone after buying Pentax k-5. I have two bodys now .
I suspect that the reason was ... humidity inside. After camera being few days in a dry place ( actually it was a hot water cylinder's cabinet) AF works fine!
Of course I'm not 100% sure that K10 has been repaired by drying, but ...