Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-10-2010, 05:40 PM   #1

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K-x remote

I bought a cheap remote for my new K-x off eBay ($2.98 shipped), and it just arrived from Hong Kong (BIN on 8/1/10). It's very small (a good thing), weighs 0.59 oz, evidently works for a wide variety of cameras including Nikon, Canon, Konica-Minolta, Pentax, Sony. It has two Pentax buttons, evidently:

S
W/T

S would correspond to shutter, I assume. What might the W/T button be about?

08-10-2010, 05:47 PM   #2
Veteran Member

W/T usually means wide-tele on cameras that have power zoom
08-10-2010, 08:01 PM   #3

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by future_retro Quote
W/T usually means wide-tele on cameras that have power zoom
What would that be, then? Can you explain this? I have a K-x, does that have power zoom?
08-10-2010, 08:07 PM - 1 Like   #4
Veteran Member

No, I'm guessing it's for Pentax's point and shoots that are IR remote compatible

wide/tele = wide angle/telephoto = zoomed out/zoomed in

power zoom is like on a point and shoot where instead of turning a ring on the lens you just press a rocker on the camera and the camera zooms the lens for you, you know?

08-11-2010, 05:38 AM   #5

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by future_retro Quote
No, I'm guessing it's for Pentax's point and shoots that are IR remote compatible

wide/tele = wide angle/telephoto = zoomed out/zoomed in

power zoom is like on a point and shoot where instead of turning a ring on the lens you just press a rocker on the camera and the camera zooms the lens for you, you know?
Oh, yes, I do know! I've been using a Samsung Digimax V3 P&S exclusively for my photography since January 2004! It has that rocker! So, that W/T button might activate that switch on a P&S, I suppose.

Thanks

PS That Samsung camera actually came with a tiny wireless IR remote, a neat feature I've used several times. The self timer, too.
08-11-2010, 09:17 AM   #6
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Muse Quote
Oh, yes, I do know! I've been using a Samsung Digimax V3 P&S exclusively for my photography since January 2004! It has that rocker! So, that W/T button might activate that switch on a P&S, I suppose.

Thanks

PS That Samsung camera actually came with a tiny wireless IR remote, a neat feature I've used several times. The self timer, too.
Don't know of Pentax and Samsung would have the same signal in terms of P&S but I'm sure that they work for both DSLR since Pentax always let Samsung copy its DSLRs up till the K20D.

You can try it to see if it does work.
08-11-2010, 10:06 AM   #7

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by GerryL Quote
Don't know of Pentax and Samsung would have the same signal in terms of P&S but I'm sure that they work for both DSLR since Pentax always let Samsung copy its DSLRs up till the K20D.

You can try it to see if it does work.
OMG, you mean the remote for my Samsung might work on my K-x? I never dreamed! I'll try it.
08-11-2010, 09:34 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
I have two Canon Rebel remotes, one wired, one IR. Both work on my K20D. For 3 bucks, it's worth the gamble for a K-x.