Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 2 Likes Search this Thread
08-14-2010, 08:33 PM   #31
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Try turning off the anti shake on the camera when using the sigma. The two systems may be fighting each other. Then again, maybe not.

08-14-2010, 08:57 PM   #32

Thank You Jeff, I'll give that a try and see if it helps.
08-15-2010, 11:52 AM   #33
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Silverkarn Quote
I see a couple problems with the Original Posters topic.

1. Wording, i cannot tell from the first post whether the OP is holding the button down all the way thinking the AF works that way or not, better wording for describing the problem would be nice.

2. Not enough information was given. Was the OP using the LCD or the Viewfinder? What setting was the dial on? Fresh set of batteries? ect....

I do not own a K-x, but these 2 things still make a big impact on how others can help solve a problem.

No point in arguing anymore about this. The OP has not replied back, so they either solved the problem, returned the camera, or is an obvious troll.

Unless they are so busy that they just havent been able to check the forum again.
That was the crux of the issue with not doing a little research before going to the forum. It is great that we have so many people all over the world willing to help, but it ends up just being a waste of time for all involved (including the OP) if one does not even know enough to ask a good question.

I've often wondered why our forum does not have an area clearly labeled "FAQ." I suppose the articles are meant to perform this function. The generic list of things which can cause a DSLR not to lock focus or its shutter not to release could be listed in a FAQ section. These are pretty common issues, and not specific to Pentax.

Last edited by GeneV; 08-15-2010 at 12:10 PM.
08-15-2010, 04:21 PM   #34
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Xarcell Quote
Well I'm using light press and hard press. I'm using auto settinsg mode, outdoors on a semi-sunny day.

The camera is weird, it will not take pictures in focus, but will as soon as it goes out of focus.

I'm spending 2-3 minutes just trying to get the picture to take. It doesn't seem to find a focus point. Every once a awhile I get the green box, but it still doesn't take a picture.

EDIT: I can take pictures fine when I manual focus, but struggle with auto focus.
Green box must mean live view