Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-25-2007, 05:10 AM   #1

Photos: Gallery
DS - mirror lock, remote and bracketing simultaneously?

Hi.

I want to do some HDR work with my DS. This means that I need three exposures (-1, 0, +1) which are exactly the same, ie no movement of the camera between exposures.

So, I bought a tripod and an IR remote.

The problem is that it is not possible to select bracketing, remote and mirror up at the same time - at least I cannot figure out how to do it.

When I press the function button I can select between dfferent options (single, multiple, timer, 2s timer with mirror lock, remote, 3 sec remote and bracketing) but how do I select mirror lock, remote and bracketing simultaneously?

Larsen.

08-25-2007, 05:28 AM   #2
Inactive Account

I have had a DS for a couple of years now and I don't believe that what you want to achieve is possible. As far as I can tell locking up the mirror shuts off all other functions of the camera. I guess you will have to live without it.
08-26-2007, 06:42 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I don't own the DS however, maybe it does something similar to the K10D?

With the K10D when you choose 2sec shutter delay the mirror flips up as soon as you depress the shutter button and then 2 seconds later the photo is snapped. Essentially you get mirror lock-up whether you want it or not.
08-26-2007, 01:16 PM   #4
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
My DS does not allow wireless remote and mirror lock up to be used at the same time. Only the K10D does. It has an extra 3 sec setting in the fn menu for it. K100D has same setting but doesn't work. Just tried using all 3 functions on K10D. It does them all at the same time. Neat. You do have to hit remote all three times. Mirror does lock up each shot and they are brackets. Hope this helps.
thanks
barondla

09-03-2007, 04:40 AM   #5

Original Poster
Thank you all for the answers.

(I've had some trouble with log in, thus this late answer )