Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-18-2010, 08:59 AM   #16
music_lover

QuoteOriginally posted by JoepLX3 Quote
  • To attrack entry level customers I think the low pricing of K-x is great
    • They indeed might consider to invest in more glass and found out they love it and get addicted
  • K-7 having significantly worse high-ISO performance than K-x is unhandy
    • I might have invested more in both lenses and body, but now for sure go for the K-x
  • It would be smart to introduce a model above to K-7
    • With besides other features at least better High-ISO, but of course at significantly higher price, otherwise the K-7 is dead or drops close to the K-x price level
  • It would also be smart to update the K-x (but timing depends on priorities)
    • Video specs are significantly worse compared to most direct competition the Canon EOS 550D, entry level people look at this!!! (incl Stereo mic (if needed via connector))
    • The build-in flash being the assist light source for focussing in low light situations is irritating. They might safe a couple of bucks this way, but it can damage image of Pentax
    • The focus points showing up in OVF, who cares? I don't, but also this might be a gadget that newbies look at, but it might be expensive to build in...
  • A tele converter for non-Pentax lenses would be break through
    • Of course with Pentax mounting
    • But why not with other mountings as well?
I am curious to WHAT made you bring this up?

08-19-2010, 07:25 AM   #17
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by kricha6431 Quote
I'm curios as to what is funny about it:ugh:
kricha, read some of the comments by Wheatfield, Jason and Retro. I laughed out loud. Funny crew that you all have going on this forum.