Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
10-13-2010, 12:36 AM   #61

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
On a positive note... received an email from the Pentax Customer service yesterday to indicate that the European HQ had replied that they would fix the lens under warranty and that the service centre would contact me.

I think this is a very strong positive message from Pentax regarding Weather Resistance... reading through many threads I see that many have great success with the WR abilities of their pentax equipment... seems that although not a standard line in the warranty Pentax are willing to stand behind the WR claims and provide the required service where required in these rare cases.

10-13-2010, 01:59 AM   #62
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery
I've only had my K20D for about 18 months, and I have been caught in the rain a number of times, not just light rain neither but real downpours (one of the hassles of the maritime climate). So far the only camera damage has been some light rust on a few screws. The biggest precaution I take when it starts to rain is to keep the camera pointed at the ground, this keeps the water away from the lens mount, I have found the weather sealing to be exceptional and unlike my buddies who have Canon and Nikon I don't have to stay inside when it gets wet or cold.
10-22-2010, 12:13 AM   #63

Original Poster
Actually heard yesterday from Pentax that they will replace the lens rather than fix (the service centre said it was not worth fixing)... unfortunately they dont have in stock so I might have a bit of a wait...

Anyway... I see this is a very positive statement from pentax around the quality and support of their WR cameras & lenses.
11-07-2010, 01:14 AM   #64

Original Poster
I guess to be the last post on this subject! New lens arrived yesterday in a shiny new box... now to go out and do some shooting

Also, I am very happy with the Pentax Customer service after this... maybe took a while but have shown me that they stand behind the marketing of their products... taking this plus the great new products (K5+Kr... some holes filled in the lens lineup)... have to say it feels good to be a pentaxian.

11-07-2010, 03:19 AM   #65
Inactive Account

One never knows when so called seals will fail.I have never trusted them,so as a precaution i have taken a plastic bag with me when the weather is unstable.Weather seals should be relied upon only as backup.