Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-17-2010, 08:33 AM   #16
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by egordon99 Quote
I'm guessing it's more complex than you think to implement HSS in the pop-up.

Plus the fact that your GN gets slaughtered when using HSS.
I don't need HSS in the pop up for lighting a scene, but I do need the pop up to be able to trigger HSS wireless in an external flash.

Thank you
Russell

08-17-2010, 09:44 AM   #17
Inactive Account

QuoteOriginally posted by Russell-Evans Quote
I don't need HSS in the pop up for lighting a scene, but I do need the pop up to be able to trigger HSS wireless in an external flash.

Thank you
Russell

That's a good point. I'm not sure where Nikon and Canon (although the 7D is currently the only Canon with ANY pop-up triggering capability) stand regarding HSS using the pop-up as a trigger.
08-18-2010, 08:22 AM   #18
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Russell-Evans Quote
The dumb thing is that both the MZ-6 and the MZ-S are able to do this (and even maybe the *istD, can't remember)... Don't know why they dropped this ability from following models...

If you have a look at the Pentax P-TTL Patent, this ability is quite clearly explained...