Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-20-2010, 01:11 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by stevebrot Quote
BTW...If it is the screen design, why is it that both the K-x and the K-7 still suffer from underexposure when used in Av mode with M42 lenses but function properly in M mode with the same lenses? This is in the manual for both cameras.
Huh? I have both, along with PK and m42 lenses, and I've not seen any difference between Av mode and M... Must be a translation bleep that made it into the final English manual, IMO... I'll try this right now just to be sure...

Holy schamolly! M and Av mode indeed have different behaviors! The difference (in my simple experiments) is that M simply overexpose at all apertures by 2/3 compared to Av (so, no difference coming from the screen in my opinion). Av mode had a better "ETTR-ed" histogram BTW, M was overexposed.

I'm simply struck dumb here... I cannot think of any reason why they choose to do this...

08-20-2010, 08:02 AM   #17
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by paperbag846 Quote
Would the ML-60 achieve the same effect? I can't seem to find the LL-60 anywhere...

PentaxWebstore Focusing Screen ML-60 Divided Matte
No, the first letter has to be an L. the LL-60 is Divided Matte. I bought mine, used, from a fellow Canadian. Try posting a "wanted" in the forum marketplace. There are also Japanese stores with good reputations that carry them from time to time.