Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2006, 05:34 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
K10D first test of SR

Well, I had a very busy day at work in ER (nasty fog to blame for all the accidents in VA), but to brighten up the day, K10D was wating at home from Cameta Camera

By the time we were done with the dinner and a bottle of Luna, battery was fully charged... Camera powered up without a hickup, I've become somwhat familiar with its controls by reading the PDF manual for few days now, could not resist but take a shot.

So here is what now happens to be an empty bottle of Luna, some fake grapes from the vase (just quicky grabbed what was readily available). Out of the camera jpeg...

Tamron 28-200 XR IF (yes, older non-digital version)
55mm
ISO 800 (figured why not, but rarely ever use anything above 400)
f/4.5
1/4 sec

Will have a little fun with it tomorrow, just wanted to say - very impressed with SR of this camera (never shot anything at 1/4 sec handheld that was even remotely worth keeping)! This one was just a quick grab-n-go shot just to ensure that the camera operates

Regards,
D

Attached Images

Last edited by Duh_Vinci; 11-30-2006 at 06:06 PM.
11-30-2006, 05:36 PM   #2

I'm confused as to where the actual focal point is, but I love the pic.

I really love he quality of the image given the parameters.

Nice work.
11-30-2006, 05:37 PM   #3
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Wow, hand-held at 1/4s! That's amazing

I also took some sample text shots to test SR: https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-dslr-discussion/998-k10d-sr-test-l...le-images.html

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
11-30-2006, 05:46 PM   #4
Veteran Member

U got steadier hands man..I can only manage 1/6 .....(tho on ISO 400) @
f/5.6 55mm

nice pic...
i love the colours

11-30-2006, 06:01 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Duh_Vinci Quote
Well, I had a very busy day at work in ER (nasty fog to blame for all the accidents in VA), but to brighten up the day, K10D was wating at home from Cameta Camera

By the time we were done with the dinner and a bottle of Luna, battery was fully charged... Camera powered up without a hickup, I've become somwhat familiar with its controls by reading the PDF manual for few days now, could not resist but take a shot.

So here is what now happens to be an empty bottle of Luna, some fake grapes from the vase (just quicky grabbed what was readily available). Out of the camera jpeg...

Tamron 28-200 XR IF (yes, older non-digital version)
55mm
ISO 800 (figured why not, but rarely every use anything above 400)
f/4.5
1/4 sec

Will have a little fun with it tomorrow, just wanted to say - very impressed with SR of this camera (never shot anything at 1/4 sec handheld that was even remotely worth keeping)! This one was just a quick grab-n-go shot just to ensure that the camera operates

Regards,
D
that looks great!

how close is the saturation of this photo compared to "real life"
just wondering 'cus I am into the natural look thing

randy
12-01-2006, 12:02 AM   #6
Veteran Member

My guess is that the focus in on the leaves or the stem - but the photo looks artistic and cultural. A sense of warmth.

You got the hands worthy of an olympic level sniper
12-01-2006, 02:40 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Sorry for the late response...

Focus - hehe, no clue, I belive it cought the edge of the leaf, which was in about the same plane as the lable. I hought that the lable was a little out of focus, but upon close examination of the bottle - the lable printing is far from being "sharp"...

This lens is far from being ideal at all apertures in terms of sharpness, it really comes to life at lower apertures. I did test the camera this afternoon for the "front focus" as posted by few, and it appears to be well in range from what I can see (cheap Lexmark set on "quick" and copy paper).

Randy - colors actuall very true to life and very warm comparing to what I would have gotten from my 350D, and I belive I'm starting to understand why you guys like your Pentax cameras.

Attached Images

12-01-2006, 02:46 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
And back to that shake reduction - the following to test shots are at 200mm:

ISO 100
f/5.6
1/8 sec

I think I'm going to like me some Pentax SR

Regards,
D