Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-27-2007, 01:33 PM   #1
Inactive Account

dead pixel on long exposure question

just how common are dead pixels showing up on long exposures with extreme low lighting conditions? i was trying different shots of the bathroom door cracked letting in just a teeny bit of light with different settings on the camera (k10d), most very long exposures, (30 secs) ... after looking at the pictures i noticed a white spot at 100% in one of the pictures, then looking though the other pictures, all taken with the camera of the same thing (door with light crack), and the camera sitting in the same spot... the white dot was there too, in the same spot.... its not in a blacked out area either, its on the wood grain of the door frame.... i know this can be taken care of with cloning... the white dot dosent appear in other phtotos with the same settings/exposure time... i even went back and took the picture again under the same conditions today, white dot was there... same spot, thats why im guessing its dead rather than hot.... i do have nosie reduction turned on as well... anyone else experienced anything like this? is it common, or worth any concern? this is puzzling me a little bit, any info or ideas would be greatly apprciated!

Last edited by pentaxbling; 08-27-2007 at 02:28 PM.
08-27-2007, 01:46 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
Hmm.. If not a dead pixel, maybe some funky dust on the sensor? Not likely by the way you described it but, it's worth a look.
08-27-2007, 02:03 PM   #3
Inactive Account

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Tom M Quote
Hmm.. If not a dead pixel, maybe some funky dust on the sensor? Not likely by the way you described it but, it's worth a look.
nah, not dust... when zoomed in all the way its the little cross we all hate lol, the pixels around it are a little odd to, like the noise reduction was trying to work