Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-30-2006, 06:34 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
K10D Sales?

Hi,
If the weather would change from winter gray and drizzle to anything resembling good light I'd be out taking pictures instead of reading forums and trying to figure out what is going on with the availability of the K10D. I got mine last week from a local small chain that has about 6 stores ( Hunt's of New England).They ordered 12 and as of tonight most of the branches have at least one sitting on the shelf. Some of the reports seem to indicate that the first shipments are sold out and there is a major backlog.

It must have been Pen tax's intention to supply the small stores with stock first. If true, it was a nice move by marketing. Circuit City has put it up and taken it down off their web site twice now. I've read that pre orders in Europe exceeded first shipment by over 50%. So what is the truth? Did Pentax produce 13,000 the first month and are they backlogged? It doesn't make any difference but I am curious as to what the sales are. Did they hit a home run or get a single on the marketing of it.

Regards,
Ken