Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-27-2010, 06:48 PM   #1
Forum Member

Photos: Albums
Shutter release problem with my K7

Following is a short description of the problems, just in case there is a simple solution that I have overlooked:

When I try and take a picture the first time I press the shutter button all the way down the shutter appears to partially process taking a picture but it seems to stall and not take the photo. During this I can't see through the view finder and no matter how long I wait nothing happens. I have to press the button a second time to get the camera to take the photo and to reset for another photo.

Additionally the shake reduction system doesn't appear to be working.

I have my camera set to shoot in RAW and have a standard setting on just about everything on the menu. This problem happens in every mode except the Green Mode.

One thought I have is that the camera has some sort of a setting that allows for two step photo shooting where first shutter release the mirror flips and then on the second shutter button the photo takes. I am not sure where that particular feature would be hidden on the menu, but I know that I didn't change it on purpose if there is a setting for that.

I have looked through every menu on the camera and have tried everything I can think of to see if some setting has accidentily been changed that I was unaware of, but everything seems normal.

So does anybody out there have any idea if this issue is some sort of two step shutter release mode (if so how to I change it back). Or does everybody think that this is problem that needs repair.

Thanks

PS I really hope its a simple newbie thing not knowing that function. I hate looking stupid, but that's much better than a warenty repair!

08-27-2010, 07:01 PM   #2
Forum Member

Original Poster
Just wanted everybody to know that as I rethought the process I decided that whatever the issue if its a setting thing I could always reset everything and that would fix it. Well that worked. So it must have been a setting that I have no idea how to set got changed. I would still very much like to know where that setting is found.
08-27-2010, 07:55 PM   #3

You had the mirror lock-up drive mode on...
08-27-2010, 09:21 PM   #4
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Wesbo Quote
You had the mirror lock-up drive mode on...
Yep, that's exactly whet it was.

08-28-2010, 10:03 AM   #5
Forum Member

Original Poster
Got it, now what menu is that specific option on in case this happens again.
08-28-2010, 10:19 AM   #6
Forum Member

It isn't in the menu (accessed via the menu button). Mirror lock up is the drive mode button which is the button just above the OK button on the back. When you press it you get several drive options. Try single shot or low continuous shooting mode. And enjoy your K-7, it is one beautiful machine.
08-28-2010, 12:14 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by zerodaze Quote
It isn't in the menu (accessed via the menu button). Mirror lock up is the drive mode button which is the button just above the OK button on the back. When you press it you get several drive options. Try single shot or low continuous shooting mode. And enjoy your K-7, it is one beautiful machine.
That would be the option furthest left, single rectangle. Several options and drive modes disable SR because it is assumed you are using a tripod. MLU is one of these and I believe any of the remote options will also disable SR. Wireless flash disables SR as well.