Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-28-2010, 12:26 PM   #1

K-7 dust in LCD Screen??

hi, guys,

i just found a LOT of visible dust under my LCD screen cover, is there a good way to get it out? I just bought the camera for less than a month, and the camera has been very well taken care of... I assume it's not a common problem, am i right?

Actually I bought 2 K-7's, one was already returned because of the in-LCD dust problem, I didn't imagine that the one i kept suffers from the same problem now.

shall I send the camera to pentax service?(I can return it, but I am not inclined to doing that because it already had around 1400 shutter counts)

thanks a lot!

08-28-2010, 12:53 PM   #2
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by shang Quote
hi, guys,

i just found a LOT of visible dust under my LCD screen cover, is there a good way to get it out? I just bought the camera for less than a month, and the camera has been very well taken care of... I assume it's not a common problem, am i right?

Actually I bought 2 K-7's, one was already returned because of the in-LCD dust problem, I didn't imagine that the one i kept suffers from the same problem now.

shall I send the camera to pentax service?(I can return it, but I am not inclined to doing that because it already had around 1400 shutter counts)

thanks a lot!
Dust under the LCD screen cover? don't understand, can you elaborate? I thought the common problem is in the viewfinder....
08-28-2010, 01:10 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Well, I had one K10 looking like this, but it was after a return trip to service where they opened it up, so I guess some grit went it at the time...

Maybe your dealer gave you two K7 coming back from service...
08-28-2010, 01:37 PM   #4

Original Poster
yeah, under the LCD cover. i checked the manufacture date of the k-7's is Jun 30th, 2010. So i guess they are brand new...

09-13-2010, 04:43 PM   #5

Photos: Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by shang Quote
yeah, under the LCD cover. i checked the manufacture date of the k-7's is Jun 30th, 2010. So i guess they are brand new...
Where is the Manufacture date located? I just recieved a K7 kit, and I would like to know the manufacture date before I power it up. Or do I have to power and read it via software

Thanks
Mike

Last edited by texbaz; 09-13-2010 at 06:33 PM.