Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
08-29-2010, 03:59 PM   #1
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K20 needs to go to the Vet's

Well, I think the sensor on my K20 needs some serious attending to. Anything that involves Dark Frame Subtraction is very very noisy - at ISO 100. This is very apparent especially with either 3 or 5 frame bracketing, with long shutter times. I am also starting to see some banding on some shorter shutter times.

Does anyone know if CRST accept counter drop offs? If memory serves me right, Pentax outsources repairs to them and they are in Chandler, just south of downtown Phoenix? Anyone been successful in dropping it off and from what I remember reading, things take a month or so?

I guess its back to my K100 for a while....

08-30-2010, 05:42 AM   #2
Banned

Photos: Gallery
Don't know about ability to drop it off, but I sent my K20 in for the freeze up problem earlier this year. They got it on a Wed., tested, replaced the main board, updated the firmware, cleaned the camera, and had it back on the road to me on that Friday. Was expecting a 3 - 4 week ordeal, wound up taking more time being shipped back and forth (from Mass.) than it took for repair. Of course, your mileage may vary!
08-30-2010, 07:06 AM   #3
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Original Poster
Wow, now that is very encouraging!!! Getting ready to call them this morning and see what may be possible....

- Just an update, I called Pentax and they gave me the number for CIRS. Drove down and dropped off the K20 body. Nice building, the office staff was nice and knowledgeable. So we will see. Could be as long as 2 to 4 weeks or just a few days.

Last edited by interested_observer; 08-30-2010 at 07:11 PM.