Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2010, 07:00 AM   #1

rechargable batteries

What rechargable batterys should I purchase to work in my K100D Super?
Dudley

09-04-2010, 07:08 AM   #2
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
Many threads with same conclusion. Sanyo Eneloops, and a good charger like a LaCrosse BC-900.

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-beginners-corner-q/113030-battery.html

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-beginners-corner-q/112030-eneloop-...baterries.html

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-beginners-corner-q/110864-ebay-lit...hargables.html
09-04-2010, 07:11 AM   #3
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Most people here use Sanyo Eneloops. I use them and love them.

See this link also:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-camera-field-accessories/92821-bat...-take-aas.html
09-04-2010, 07:11 AM   #4

Original Poster
I am using Energizer AA ultimate lithium batterys now.

09-04-2010, 07:22 AM   #5
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

Eneloops are better. I used to use those you're using also but found Eneloops better because I could recharge them. That way I wasn't buying more batteries to throw away when they died. The set I bought came with a charger that charges the batteries in 7 hours. I keep a spare set to have already charged and swap them out when needed. Also, Eneloops charge lasts longer than other rechargeable batteries do.
09-04-2010, 08:17 AM   #6

Rayovac Hybrids are essentially the same as the enloops, and may be easie to find as well, I know walmart has them....

TJ
09-04-2010, 08:31 AM   #7
Veteran Member

Please invest in a good, e.g., La Crosse or Maha, charger if you're serious about NiMH rechargeables. At some point, one battery will begin to fail. If you don't know which one, you'll have to toss all four. Bad idea.

The better (and more expensive) chargers will charge, thoroughly test, and display data upon each battery individually. They'll also give you the ability to deep discharge and condition batteries as a group or one at a time.

You'll never wonder about battery status again - meaning you'll sleep better, have better digestion, and experience less hair loss.

09-04-2010, 08:36 AM   #8
Otis Memorial Pentaxian

TJ I tried rayovac batteries and they didn't even work as well as the Eneloops. Fact is, their charge did not last as long as non rechargeables.

Our Walmart doesn't sell the hybrids.
09-04-2010, 09:13 AM   #9
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Hi,
I've been using Eneloops and Maha charger for the last 3+ years - winning combination! Highly recommend.
09-04-2010, 09:36 AM   #10

Wow I have both the enloops and the hybrids and the maha charger so I will have to do some comparisons. I just noticed in my old camera they both lasted a long long time.....

will let you know what I find out...
09-04-2010, 10:15 AM   #11
Veteran Member

Here's another vote for Eneloops and Maha chargers...
09-04-2010, 11:12 AM   #12
Pentaxian

While eneloops were (at least among) the first, I expect you'll have good luck with most low-self-discharge ("hybrid") AAs. I have had dramatically different results between conventional rechargeables (several brands) and the various hybrids I've tried. All the conventional rechargeables have had problems; all the hybrids have worked well.

I can't imagine using non-rechargeable batteries, except for unusual circumstances (but it's nice to have the capability when you need it.)

Paul
09-04-2010, 11:38 AM   #13
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Nothing beats Energizer lithium`s, Eneloops run close second.
09-04-2010, 06:01 PM   #14
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by glanglois Quote
Please invest in a good, e.g., La Crosse or Maha, charger if you're serious about NiMH rechargeables. At some point, one battery will begin to fail. If you don't know which one, you'll have to toss all four. Bad idea.

The better (and more expensive) chargers will charge, thoroughly test, and display data upon each battery individually. They'll also give you the ability to deep discharge and condition batteries as a group or one at a time.
Correct. I realised I wasn't getting the results I expected from two sets of Eneloops (and the Eneloop charger with individual LEDs) even after several charge/discharge cycles. I got a Powerex/Maha charger with the detailed readouts for each cell, and it showed that even on that charger none of the batteries were charging to more than a quarter of their nominal capacity. One set of Eneloops is now nearing the end of a 'break-in' cycle (slow full charge, complete discharge, slow recharge) and they've already taken in up to three times the charge they were holding before. So it'll be interesting to see if this is reflected in performance on the camera. (K-x) After the process was complete the charger indicated that each cell had an available capacity of over 1900mah in each case (nominal capacity 2000).

Tim

Last edited by timo; 09-05-2010 at 05:31 PM.
09-05-2010, 08:50 AM   #15

Original Poster
I just ordered the eneloop 8 pack and a LaCrosse charger.
Thanks for the guidance.
Dudley