Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-04-2010, 03:32 PM   #1
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
K10D focusing problem

My K10D is giving me trouble , When I turn it on everything seems Ok But when I go press the foto Button I get a weiring sound some times it sounds like auto focus hunting ! I play with by Using the symbol of the Iris on the on and off switch it will foto's using that aspect of the off and on switch.
tried it in Green bar and User and M=manual and then it starts to take foto's
and when I shut it off and turn it on later I have to start all over again: Replaced the battery just in case ?

Any thoughts on this will be happy to answer question if needed: Thanks

09-04-2010, 03:39 PM   #2
Administrator
Site Webmaster

I can barely understand your problem, so if you could, please clarify the problem.

If you're in AF.S mode and it's dark outside, the camera will hunt and not take a photo unless it is in focus.

Adam
PentaxForums.com Webmaster (Site Usage Guide | Site Help | My Photography)

PentaxForums.com server and development costs are user-supported. You can help cover these costs by donating or purchasing one of our Pentax eBooks. Or, buy your photo gear from our affiliates, Adorama, B&H Photo, KEH, or Topaz Labs, and get FREE Marketplace access - click here to see how! Trusted Pentax retailers:
09-04-2010, 03:47 PM   #3
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

So,,, it works in green mode, user and custom. Just go into setup menu and do a re-set. Puts everything to factory defaults.
Then read the manual!
09-04-2010, 03:58 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Sorry If you can Not Understand me on this Issue:

What I am Saying is when I turn the camera ON and decide to take a Foto, I depress the button and nothing happens other than a crazy sound I can not explain but other times It sounds like the Auto focus is hunting, IN Broad daylight:: I play with it and then for some reason I get it into Manual mode and the Button starts to work and starts taking foto's and then I can go to Av or TV or any other position on the dial and continue on my way: But while the Camera is not working, I can go to the OFF and ON switch you have three Positions off-on- and the Iris symbol which is in the spot of the switch, when I use this position the camera works:
Hp[e this is a better explanation for you folks:

09-04-2010, 04:06 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Is it that it only captures images if you first use the preview function (which is the "iris" function when moving the on/off switch past the "on" selection)?

Or is it that it only captures photos if you set the program dial (on the left, from the rear) to green, User, or M?

What happens if you select manual focus on the front of the camera? Does that allow you to take images more readily?
09-04-2010, 04:15 PM   #6
Inactive Account

Original Poster
(which is the "iris" function when moving the on/off switch past the "on" selection)? YES

is it that it only captures photos if you set the program dial (on the left, from the rear) to green, User, or M? only after I go the M on the dial will it then start to take foto's

What happens if you select manual focus on the front of the camera? Does that allow you to take images more readily? Does nothing at all ???
09-05-2010, 12:32 PM   #7
Inactive Account

Original Poster
I thank you all for your help and with your difficulty in understanding my way of explaining the problem with my camera : Have found problem It is the Lens , I removed the lens a placed a 42mm adapter
on K10 D and It works just fine : AS Before I thank you all very much: