Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2010, 05:44 AM   #1
Administrator
Site Webmaster

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Pentax K-r fact sheet, specs, and reviews

We've added the K-r to our camera database:

https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-digital-slr-camera-reviews/113820-pentax-k-r.html

Reviews by future owners may be posted there, and we've also uploaded photos of front, back, and top of the camera, as well as a table with technical specifications and other interesting details. Looking forward to seeing some happy owners of this great camera soon!

09-09-2010, 12:34 PM   #2

wow,
K-r comes with all pros of K-x, fix all cons of K-x and improved a lot of features. No new feature in K-r also means no new cons , I'm waiting to see a perfect dSLR.

The price is pretty high for an entry-level, I hope K-r is NOT a replacement, since I'm going to buy a K-x. (
09-09-2010, 02:27 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Nice camera. I just wanted to say it looks really good on paper. I hope k-5 or whatever the weather sealed camera is, keeps up with it.

As for the lens - true street price, actual build and optical quality will tell the real story. Currently there is not much that can be said, except hope that the price won't be the same in Euros as it is in USD.

P.S. There is an odd topic about too many complaints, i think those that are happy with the specs are simply less expressive. Look at the total number of registered users and compare it with the amount of complaints.
09-09-2010, 02:36 PM   #4
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
Whatdigitalcamera did a video preview of this camera

09-09-2010, 07:38 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Adam, you might like to add this K-r FAQ to the page from Pentax JP.

Currently it is only in Japanese:
K-r?????????????PENTAX

But Google translate does a good job on it:
Google Translate

Eventually a full English version might turn up elsewhere on the web too.

Interesting FAQ items:
QuoteQuote:
Q: What is the main difference between [the K-r and] K-x:
A: Featuring a wide viewing angle type superimpose red light AF Point (170 °) 3.0-inch size, number of pixels around a dedicated rechargeable lithium 92.1 million-dot picture monitor as well as D-LI109, optional AA Battery Holder D-BH109 commercial AA lithium batteries that use AA NiMH batteries, custom image reversal film available AA alkaline batteries, added a silver interval can shoot video editing (split, delete unwanted part) Add AF fine adjustment (only adjusted flat rate) can be infrared (IrSimple / IrSS) corresponds to a single AF mode AF (AF.S) at Focus Shutter priority priority switching, continuous AF (AF.C) Add a priority focus switched preference Sometimes fps
QuoteQuote:
Tested SD (SDHC) memory card what do you have?
Card has been tested for the following manufacturers.

Panasonic - Toshiba SanDisk products
SD Memory Card Capacity: 512MB, 1GB, 2GB
SDHC Memory Card Capacity: 4GB, 8GB, 16GB, 32GB

※ As of August 2010 "Testing" and we check our work, which should guarantee for our customers which have a favor to you.
The movie ※ The class (6), class (10) Fast transfer rate SD (SDHC) memory card please use.
Class (6) of SD (SDHC) memory cards by the shooting conditions and subjects slowest write 6MB/sec Because that data capacity and above, even if you are using the cards tested, while shooting You may stop by.
QuoteQuote:
CR-V3 lithium batteries be used?
Available.
It also looks like long-exposure noise reduction (DFS?) can be turned off too:
QuoteQuote:
Are there any noise reduction at the second head, and set off can I?
There. To set off the "shoot two" menus "long sec NR" in the "OFF" to.
Tethering may not work on the K-r:
QuoteQuote:
Camera control software, PENTAX REMOTE Assistant 3 be used?
Kr the PENTAX REMOTE Assistant is not supported 3.
Kr was used in the case, please do not use because it may cause problems to the camera.
etc
09-10-2010, 11:02 AM   #6
Inactive Account

interesting.
according to OGL, tethering is possible so is the cs205 remote.

according to the FAQ, use of the remote software is not recommended
if the cs205 is usable, where is this going to be plugged into?

Last edited by opiedog; 09-10-2010 at 11:15 AM.
09-15-2010, 03:18 PM   #7

Looks like a nice camera!