Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version 18 Likes Search this Thread
09-09-2010, 07:43 AM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Comments are possible if you register or use your yahoo ID to log in (if you have one ). It is a pretty lame post...some good comments would be nice.

09-09-2010, 07:44 AM   #32
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by opiedog Quote
apparently, negativity also comes from caniksony bigots
like this one:
Bright-Red Pentax K-r Fails to Stir Passion | Gadget Lab | Wired.com

i can't seem to put a comment in this site. maybe some one here can do so.
I pity the fools who buy their cameras based on some guy's words, who may or may not know how to hold a camera, or touch no lenses except the kit lens.
09-09-2010, 07:49 AM   #33
Pentaxian

Too often, it seems that those who whine the most are the ones whose opinions matter the least. Some people go out and use the gear...some people just like to talk about it.
09-09-2010, 07:51 AM   #34
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by VaughnA Quote
It's not priced (in current prices) like the 35/2. Comparing plastic on a tiny motor with moving parts to a mount is a pointless exercise. They are being used in completely different situations. I don't recall any problems with the DAL-55-300 mounts so far. And it will put a LOT more stress on the mount than the 35 because of it's weight and lenght. And bottom line, it's about the IQ, I'll wait for that result, if it looks good, I'm jumping in line. I've got a friend with one of the 1.8 canons and he's not impressed with it. He's commented many times on how my 16-45 zoom seems much sharper than his prime, even at 5.6 or so. That's why any comparison without actually seeing the lens is pointless.
The point is, the SDM gears shouldn't have been crapping out on people given the pro-plastic argument here-in. The point you guys overlook with the DA L lenses is the lack of features. The plasti-mount is just the trademark/icon for that. For example, the DA L 55-300mm lacked quick shift and a hood. Relative to that, the price reduction wasn't that much, especially if one got the hood as an accessory which could actually end up costing overall as much as getting the DA 55-300mm to begin with. I'm not going to get into a budget prime versus a quality zoom. However, the DA 16-45mm lens isn't a DA L lens. The silver lining here is that Pentax took the optics from a good prime and put it into a budget barrel. I would rather they do that than come out with a plastic lens with plastic elements.

09-09-2010, 07:52 AM - 1 Like   #35
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by TaoMaas Quote
Too often, it seems that those who whine the most are the ones whose opinions matter the least. Some people go out and use the gear...some people just like to talk about it.
And some people like to bitch about other people, especially when they don't agree with them. Other people have opinions same as you. Take some of your own advice and go out and shoot some pics.
09-09-2010, 08:03 AM   #36
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Blue Quote
TFor example, the DA L 55-300mm lacked quick shift and a hood. Relative to that, the price reduction wasn't that much,
The price reduction was substantial, especially if bought in a kit with the K-x. So it was acceptable. I'm not against the plastic mount, the DA L 18-55mm seems very OK to me.
09-09-2010, 08:04 AM   #37
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

And some people like to bitch about other people, especially when they don't agree with them. Other people have opinions same as you. Take some of your own advice and go out and shoot some pics.
+10000 to that.

09-09-2010, 08:05 AM   #38
Pentaxian

Other people have opinions same as you.
I have no problem with that. My problem is with those whose hobby is whining, as opposed to photography.
09-09-2010, 08:10 AM   #39

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by tigerzen Quote
It doesn't seem Pentaxians are ever happy. All they do is complain about what they don't have instead of seeing what they do have. Two awesome announcements today. A new lens and a new camera and all the comments are about how much of a failure this camera and lens are when no one has even tried them yet. For one it shows that Hoya is listening to its customers and giving them what they want. ISO 25000 come on that is awesome. New improved AF, great too, more frames per second, illuminated focus points, and a solved battery problem. WOW...when will we find something else to complain about.

The new lens well we wanted a inexpensive lens...now we have it and man its complain city.

I say CONGRATS PENTAX ON THE NEW CAMERAS AND NEW LENSES...I'll be getting one of them i'm sure.

Well for me i can understand, I went with pentax due to price relative to other brands. But last year or so len prices have jumped across pentax range and the new models aren't as price competitive as before.

Luckily, I bought most of my lenses prior to price hikes. That said i'm still very happy to stay on K-7 for now
09-09-2010, 08:44 AM   #40
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Eruditass Quote
Agreed. I think the K-5 will calm us all down as the K-r does not seem to be for most of us.
I think the k5 will be more successful than the kr but the kr will still be successful...its like the other way around now with the kx and the k7. But in the end both camera will do good.
09-09-2010, 08:45 AM   #41
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tigerzen Quote
It doesn't seem Pentaxians are ever happy. All they do is complain about what they don't have instead of seeing what they do have.
...like every other human being in the world.
09-09-2010, 09:01 AM   #42
Veteran Member

I am very impressed with the changes made in the K-r, but there's a little voice in the back of my head chanting:

"Weather sealed...weather sealed..."

The 200D was weather-sealed.

Other than that, it's a great camera. I like it a lot.

I love that it has the AF assist light. I love that it has the chunkier, angular styling of the K-7 instead of the melted-ice-cream look of the K10/20/100/200/2000/K-m/K-x. I love that it has interchangeable batteries. I love that I can get it in blood red.

I love the visible AF in the viewfinder, and the faster autofocus too.

I don't love that nobody local has one for me to play with :-/
09-09-2010, 09:14 AM   #43
Veteran Member

True words. This thread has become a giant 3-page bitch fest about other people. I don't know what's worse? Bitching about new camera equipment or about other people who bitch about them? Hm?
09-09-2010, 09:25 AM   #44
Veteran Member

I have no issues with the K-r, but the DA 35mm f/2.4 is another matter altogether... Pentax will without a doubt make a killing selling this crippled plastic wonder to droves of penny pinching lens starved Pentaxians.
09-09-2010, 10:22 AM   #45
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
The point is, the SDM gears shouldn't have been crapping out on people given the pro-plastic argument here-in. The point you guys overlook with the DA L lenses is the lack of features. The plasti-mount is just the trademark/icon for that. For example, the DA L 55-300mm lacked quick shift and a hood. Relative to that, the price reduction wasn't that much, especially if one got the hood as an accessory which could actually end up costing overall as much as getting the DA 55-300mm to begin with.
Well, the good news is that I recently found out the 55-300 performs very well into the sun without a hood.

My main beef is the disappearing aperture rings on lenses that actually do well on full-frame. The DA 55-300 is one of them, and the 100mm WR macros is another. The new 35mm with join that group. It eliminates some bodies that are old friends.