Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2010, 08:41 AM   #1
Veteran Member

Well, it's off for service.

Well, I sent in the k7 body, and both the 18-55 mm, and the 55-300 mm lenses today. Packed everything in side the original boxes, in the original packing, then inside bubble wrap in a shipping box. Should be fine. I sure hope they don't scratch the LCD screen. They claim about three to four weeks. I leave for Italy October 8th, I will surely be disappointed if I don't my camera. Pentax is already rubbing me the wrong way. I insured it for $1700.00. Has anyone here had any experience with their service department?

09-09-2010, 09:29 AM   #2
Forum Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I sent my K20 in at the end of June and had it back by late July. Sent it Prioritity Mail and had an estimate within 3 days. The only hold up was that I was a few bucks short when the est came in, so they didn't start working on it for another week. so it was more my fault. I had a cracked dipoter, i was satisfied with the work and cleaning. it all depends on how busy they are at the time.---Stoge
09-09-2010, 10:51 AM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
Just want to make sure they do quality work. I really was surprised to learn that Pentax doesn't repair their own products.