Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-09-2010, 08:58 AM   #1

Turning off the display

Apologies if this has been answered somewhere else, but can anyone tell me if it's possible to completely turn off the LCD display when shooting? I really hate taking photos in low light and having the photo I just took blazing out the back of the camera and distracting people. There must be a way...

09-09-2010, 09:22 AM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
It depends on the camera but on my k10/k20 in the menu under the review tab you can do it there (I think it's under preview). It's really quite easy.
09-09-2010, 10:09 AM   #3
Veteran Member

I've been able to do it on the Kx and K7, with the K7 you press info until the status screen disappears

On the Kx, I think in one of the menus you have the the option to turn off the "status screen" and that makes it disappear, but I'm not sure if you can bring it back without repeating that process, but you can rely on the viewfinder for basic info