Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-10-2010, 06:55 AM   #1
Inactive Account

which to sell?

i have the kx and k200.
i want to upgrade to the kr or possibly the k5 but can't have 3 bodies specially at the higher introductory prices

i like my kx for its high ISO performance, fps and the k200 for the top lcd, quieter shutter, WR and GRIP!

which body should i put in the market? kx or k200?

09-10-2010, 07:00 AM   #2
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by opiedog Quote
i have the kx and k200.
i want to upgrade to the kr or possibly the k5 but can't have 3 bodies specially at the higher introductory prices

i like my kx for its high ISO performance, fps and the k200 for the top lcd, quieter shutter, WR and GRIP!

The Kr should have at least as good high ISO performance and fps as the Kx. However, as far as I understand it, the Kr won't be WR, have a top lcd nor a grip. So based on that, and for what you stated you use each of your current bodies for, it seems the Kr would replace the Kx and you should keep the K200D.
09-10-2010, 07:11 AM   #3

Photos: Gallery
i have the kx and k200.

I am not in your exact situation, but I would sell the k-x and keep the K200D. The k-r does pretty much everything the k-x can do, while the K200D has features, notably WR and the top-LCD and grip shooting style (e.g. for flash work), that are different from and complementary to the small and light low-noise/high-ISO shooting style. As you know already, camera JPEGs can be much better out of the k-x than K200D, while up to ISO 400 or 800 there isn't much difference to the RAW quality or what you can achieve in pp.

You can replace your K200D with a K7 (or K5) when the price drops enough; that way you will be making another upgrade without compromise.
09-10-2010, 07:21 AM   #4

Photos: Albums
Obviously it depends on which body you're going to get. If I were you I'd sell the K200D if I got the K-5 and the K-x if I got the K-r. That way you always have a weather-sealed body and a smaller body which you can use depending on the situation.

Edit: Actually, I would just sell both and get the K-5. You can't shoot with more than one camera at a time anyway.

Last edited by kari; 09-10-2010 at 07:26 AM.
09-10-2010, 07:39 AM   #5
Inactive Account

Original Poster
thanks for the inputs.
actually, i need 2 bodies since my wife uses the other body (mostly the k200)

a double upgrade would be nice, but realistically, that's not going to happen.
decisions, decisions...