Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-17-2010, 07:18 PM   #31
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
I have K-x and K-7. I use K-x 90% of the time taking pictures mainly because of the straight forward operation and better high ISO performance. I regretted paying more for the magnesium body, redundant upper LCD, redundant front e-dial, too many unnessesary buttons. I am going to sell it and save up money to buy K-5 in the future.

09-18-2010, 04:24 AM   #32
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by violini Quote
I have K-x and K-7. I use K-x 90% of the time taking pictures mainly because of the straight forward operation and better high ISO performance. I regretted paying more for the magnesium body, redundant upper LCD, redundant front e-dial, too many unnessesary buttons. I am going to sell it and save up money to buy K-5 in the future.
By the same logic, what do you gain in the K-5 over the K-x or K-r?

I love the feel of the K-7, and the upper LCD is really great (I turn the annoying back LCD off except in live view).

I agree on the front e-dial - it's not necessary really especially as I shoot in Av most of the time. I agree on the buttons too. Things like the SR on/off button are buried DEEP in the menu, whereas there are loads of buttons for seldom accessed functions like AFS/AFC which I find I rarely need to tinker with. I miss the fn button and 4-way pad!
09-22-2010, 03:15 PM   #33
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by WerTicus Quote
It does? Looks more or less the same to me. Shake reduction traded for a few more auto focus points... Cept we dont know the full specs for the k-5 yet.
if its the same, and the K5 is better than the K7, but the D7000 is to replace the D90, and many have claimed the K7 is better than the D300, i guess you are saying the K5 is better than the D3

Dave
T&T
09-22-2010, 06:12 PM   #34
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by dafiryde Quote
i guess you are saying the K5 is better than the D3

Dave
T&T

That would be a laugh.