Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-11-2010, 01:59 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Kx pricing

Any ideas of how the price of the DAL 55-300 kit will fluctuate between now and black friday?

The two lens kit it selling for $630 at B&H right now and I'm itching to hit that buy button, but I don't know what the prices will do now that the Kr is out

My 2 predictions:
  1. will stay in price until it's sold out, or will stay in price as it stays in Pentax's lineup
  2. will rise in price slightly right now, maybe $700 or $750, and then drop back down to $600-$650 on black friday and remain there

Any other ideas? I'm hoping to make the buying decision soon, and I especially don't want to end up paying more than $630, the Kr is not in B&H's system yet, but it is in Amazon's system and the Kx+55-300 is selling for around $700 on amazon, making me think that as soon as the rosh hashanah break is over, B&H will open pre-orders for the Kr and raise the price of the Kx

09-11-2010, 02:30 PM   #2
Forum Member

I would just say that is pretty good deal. A month ago the best I could find was about $720, and some as high as $800.
09-11-2010, 02:34 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
yes it's an insanely good price, which is why I want to just take the gamble
09-11-2010, 02:48 PM   #4
Forum Member

I looked at the BH site and it says online ordering is not available for a few hours. I wonder if you will still be able to get that price when it comes back on?

09-11-2010, 02:56 PM   #5
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I was thinking about that, there's a small window between when online ordering is open and when their offices open so I hope that price will be available during that window, that price for the Kx has been steady at 630 for a while so I know it's not a freak occurrence or anything, but now the Kr is out
09-11-2010, 03:16 PM   #6
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Here is a Kx with the 2 lens kit; 18-55 and the 55-300 for $600, body only for $430.
09-11-2010, 03:27 PM   #7
Veteran Member

Original Poster
That's actually the 50-200 version, the kit with the 55-300 is a little more, but I wouldn't trust that place I only buy from Pentax Authorized dealers, which that place doesn't seem to be and it looks quite scammy to me

Attached Images

09-11-2010, 05:50 PM   #8
Veteran Member

Original Poster
I was antzy and just pulled the trigger

I doubt it could drop any lower without being borderline ridiculous, it was such a crazy price and way better than any other seller
09-11-2010, 05:56 PM   #9
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by future_retro Quote
I was antzy and just pulled the trigger

I doubt it could drop any lower without being borderline ridiculous, it was such a crazy price and way better than any other seller
Congratulations. I bought my K-x with the same two kit lenses from Amazon earlier this week for $628. The K-r coming out a couple days later gave me pause but the price is so much lower than the K-r MSRP at $999 for the same kit that I figured it was still a terrific deal.
09-11-2010, 06:03 PM   #10
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Docrwm Quote
Congratulations. I bought my K-x with the same two kit lenses from Amazon earlier this week for $628. The K-r coming out a couple days later gave me pause but the price is so much lower than the K-r MSRP at $999 for the same kit that I figured it was still a terrific deal.
I'm not a fan of the Kr

And as already having (and have sold) a Kx before I think it's the best camera out the for the price

What color did you get? at B&H all the colors with the extra lens except for black were sold out or way more expensive, I think the white one with the 55-300 was 700+ or something
09-11-2010, 06:41 PM   #11
Veteran Member

I'm not a fan of the Kr

And as already having (and have sold) a Kx before I think it's the best camera out the for the price

What color did you get? at B&H all the colors with the extra lens except for black were sold out or way more expensive, I think the white one with the 55-300 was 700+ or something
I thought about Red but Black was all they had with the 50-300m in the kit at the time I ordered. Took it to my son's soccer game this evening and am learning the camera. Its been 25 years since I shot SLR and I'm WAY rusty plus the new digitalSLRs have some amazing and complicated additions.

I ordered from Amazon because I already have Prime and 2-day was therefore free for me and their return policy is the best. Am loving the camera so returning it is not in the cards.
09-12-2010, 11:48 AM   #12

Mine's a white K-x

I got a white K-x last month. Fell in love with it at a first sight . That's one of my major reasons of going with Pentax. It gives me a unique experience rather than going with the usual Canikon. Black rubberized body? Blargh, they're everywhere lol. Even with the new K-r, I don't think I'll ever sell my white K-x. Got it with 18-55 for $499 at Amazon.

I'm not a fan of the Kr

09-12-2010, 01:03 PM   #13
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by ipank123 Quote
I got a white K-x last month. Fell in love with it at a first sight . That's one of my major reasons of going with Pentax. It gives me a unique experience rather than going with the usual Canikon. Black rubberized body? Blargh, they're everywhere lol. Even with the new K-r, I don't think I'll ever sell my white K-x. Got it with 18-55 for $499 at Amazon.
Yeah my first Kx was the white one, getting the black one this time around pained me greatly but I wanted the 55-300 lens, and to get the white one with that lens would have cost much much more