Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-12-2010, 03:46 PM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
i too will be buying it, but i will think i will keep my k200d as a second body, i maybe getting into wedding photography.

09-12-2010, 04:05 PM   #17
Nubi

I am going to pass . . . . .

I can see how terribly attractive this camera can be to someone who passed up on K-7. If one currently has K-7 like myself, I am not sure what the appeal is, but on the other hand I understand that we have different needs. It is just that I am so sold on K-7. I have no complaints whatsoever. But then, I don't auto focus, and I have never shot in burst mode, and I don't typically shoot in ISO higher than 400. So I know that my opinion does not count (it never counts).

I would probably pass up even if it was FF because I want the 645D badly. Maybe in about 6 months . . . . . . . .

But call me stupid, because I keep buying FF lenses. Yep. I am a moron.
09-12-2010, 05:03 PM   #18
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by Clicker Quote
I'm not ...holding out instead for the 645D
Yeah, me too. I've already saved 200 euros towards it.
09-12-2010, 05:51 PM   #19

Photos: Albums
If Benji will go to K5, then I will do so myself!! (hopefully I do have the money) lol

09-12-2010, 06:59 PM   #20
Inactive Account

Got a K7 just a few months ago. At this point I am pretty settled into using it and getting what I need from it. I was hoping that Pentax would dip a toe into FF, and finally have something between the crop sensors and their medium format camera. Oh well, until such time... I'll happily run around with the k7.
09-12-2010, 07:10 PM   #21
Site Supporter
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Adam:

Thanks for this post ... interesting to find some well known members of Pentax Forums who will jump in at the K5!!

I have the K7 and I am very interested with the K5 specs but, I will let you guys test it for me and report of the AF and high ISO handling!

Cheers!

JP
09-12-2010, 09:17 PM   #22
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
No 645D on your horizon Ben? Too big?

09-13-2010, 12:03 AM   #23
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Arpe Quote
No 645D on your horizon Ben? Too big?
He's waiting for the 645D to come out in white.
09-13-2010, 12:19 AM   #24

QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Easy.
Attached Images

09-13-2010, 11:17 AM   #25
Veteran Member

I skipped the K-7 as it wasn't enough of a step up from my K20D.

However, the K-5 is looking very tempting, except for its price - it's quite a bit higher than I remember the K10D or K20D being at release. Pentax used to be able to compete VERY well on value - the 10/20 were amazing "bang for the buck". Pentax didn't really offer that "value" proposition with the K-7, and less so with the K-5. I see it appealing to people with a heavy investment into Pentax glass already, but don't see it competing that well in terms of attracting new people to Pentax.
09-13-2010, 01:23 PM   #26
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Adam Quote
Do you have a K-7 currently, Ben? If so, the grip will likely remain compatible with the K-5

I'm definitely getting the K-5 as well when it comes out. Given that the sticker price will end up being $1649, I expect it to end up costing $1400-1500 once it's released at retailers such as B&H and Adorama. If I sell my K-7 (which I will- I have two), then that'll shave an extra $600 or so off the price, leaving the remainder quite affordable.
I will have to sell my 3 Canon 1Ds Mklll's. Should easily get at least $150 each.
09-13-2010, 01:25 PM   #27
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by snostorm Quote
Hi Ben,

I hope you can take the time and write a review. I know I'd be very interested in your impressions, and think many others would also.

I'm pretty much convinced that I'll get one, but that's only based on the rumors. It won't be too long before we see if these rumors pan out. . .

Scott
The Rumors are Very Close to Reality...In most cases at this close to the Launch Date!
09-13-2010, 01:28 PM   #28
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by pspentax Quote
Hi Ben,

For me you all ready play with the Kr and also with the K5.
Tell us more about it

Cheers,
Pedro
........Nah...Forget about it. If I told you the truth, you wouldn't believe me and if I lied you wouldn't believe me. So I am kind of stuck between a rock and a hard place.
09-13-2010, 01:33 PM   #29
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by redeleon Quote
If Benji will go to K5, then I will do so myself!! (hopefully I do have the money) lol
It is really amazing that even though I am no longer sponsored by Pentax, that my purchasing decision can have such an impact on your decision to go for the Pentax or not.

That's why Pentax is Pentax...Oh Well never mind.
09-13-2010, 01:34 PM   #30
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by rawr Quote
Exactly, with a red & blue pin stripe down the side.