Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2010, 08:30 AM   #31

QuoteOriginally posted by LRaven Quote
My experiences with AA NiMh accumulators. I used Sanyo Eneloop 2000 in my two last trips across Europe ~ 2 weeks long each. On each trip has been shoot more than 900 shots + 5-7 minutes video with only one set of Eneloops. After that, camera still show yellow power level. During trip has not been used second set of Eneloops and charger too. So in future, my travel bag can be free from charger
not a word than excellent!

09-14-2010, 10:18 AM   #32
Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Only reason I bought the k-x was because it uses AA's. Just buy a good set (Eneloops or equivalent) and forget all the ridiculously over priced OEM batteries. One charger, one battery for camera, flash, flashlight, computer mouse etc.

I would really like to know what type of batteries you are using, I routinely get 500 shots from the Eneloops. And I rarely have them die, at 500 or so shots, when I get a break I swap out the batteries so there are no surprises. I carry 3 sets, one for the flash, one for the camera, and a spare.
09-14-2010, 11:17 AM   #33
Pentaxian

did the poster read the specs of K-r? I read somewhere that say if you use AA in K-r you get more shots than the dedicated lithium battery...

I am one who wanted AA batteries! they are good, and if they done their recharging life, get a new set! AA will be there longer than your camera, but those that use dedicated battery may not get a battery once they no longer produce... or sell at a ridiculous price. 5 yrs from now I can still get a rechargeable AA batteries (that might hold more power as tech improve) to power my k200... try get a k20 battery 5 yrs from now?
09-14-2010, 12:09 PM   #34

I like AAs for many of the reasons already mentioned, and because I tend to be very gentle with my stuff and keep it forever. Ten years from now, I'll still be able to buy AAs, but owners of K-7s (and every Canon and Nikon user, easy now) are going to be trolling eBay for stale Li-ion batteries.

Good-quality NiMH batteries are important, but I've recently learned the charger is almost as important. I've had the same clunky battery charger since college, a RadioShack model. The helpful charging chart sticker on it lists 1200 mAh batteries as "Hi-capacity." I think the lowest capacity batteries I have are 2200 mAh, and some clock in at 2700. I put my batteries on my roommate's charger, which is a much newer model, and suddenly I was getting a lot more juice into my cells. I guess there are some downsides to keeping my gadgets forever.

09-14-2010, 12:52 PM   #35
Veteran Member

with Sanyo NiMH 2700, on a tripod, MF, LCD off, wireless remote, room temperature, my K-x did over 2700 shots - good for gifs
09-14-2010, 02:06 PM   #36
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
QuoteOriginally posted by dehanson1 Quote
Why would anyone actually WANT to use AA batteries in a K-r? The K-x eats them up like peanuts...
If memory serves me right, there is a K-x firmware update that fixes battery drain problems or better yet false estimation of remaining juice.
09-14-2010, 07:31 PM   #37
Pentaxian

Ive used 4 or 5 brands of aa bat and none of them last very long.always find myself having to chande batteries in the middle of shooting. Can anyone recommend soma aa's that last a decent amount of time?
If you read the rest of the posts in this thread, or do a search for any of the *dozens* of previous threads on the topic of AA batteries, you'll virtually *unanimous* recommendation for Sanyo Eneloop or similar hybrid low-self-discharge cells.
09-15-2010, 05:18 PM   #38
Site Supporter

Ive used 4 or 5 brands of aa bat and none of them last very long.always find myself having to chande batteries in the middle of shooting. Can anyone recommend soma aa's that last a decent amount of time?
Energizer Lithiums or get Eneloops (Rechargeable NiMHs) which ca really last . . .