Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-14-2010, 11:32 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
We really do need a FAQ section on this board.

09-15-2010, 01:10 AM   #17

Original Poster
Well, the dust particle came off by itself. Seriously, last night i turned off the camera after once again looking at the dust alert picture with disgust at the speck at the corner of the sensor, took a picture of a white sheet of paper just to make sure it was still there, and put the camera away.

Tonight i took the camera out to take some photos, i did NOTHING to the camera, no Giottos, no Dust Cleaning system. NOTHING.

There was no dust speck, after i put my pictures on my PC i noticed that there was no more black speck, so i ran dust alert, no speck.

How the heck can a speck of dust that resists the dust cleaning system, giottos, AND a few quick spurts of canned air just fall off? Did it have something with leaving the camera off that long releasing the static charge holding it on or what?
09-15-2010, 09:08 AM   #18
Inactive Account

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Silverkarn Quote

How the heck can a speck of dust that resists the dust cleaning system, giottos, AND a few quick spurts of canned air just fall off? Did it have something with leaving the camera off that long releasing the static charge holding it on or what?
Maybe it felt lonely and left for dustier pastures. Don't question why it's gone, just be glad it is.