Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
11-11-2010, 02:12 PM   #16
Pentaxian

Yeah I had my front e-dial fail too, 3 days after receiving it! CRIS fixed it fine and within warranty...no worries except for the 2.5 week period with no camera.

11-13-2010, 06:20 AM   #17
wll
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by bmf Quote
I made the HUGE jump from my trusty Z1P to the K7 - what a let down!

My dial does not work either.

It seems this is really common.

c'mon Pentax

Lets hope they fixed this problem with the K-5 !

wll
12-04-2011, 05:40 PM   #18
bmf

Damn, not even a year since CRIS replaces my front e-dail and today it goes belly up again....... I will let the forum know Pentax's warranty on their warranty repairs. It seems more and more this will become an issue.

Lets hope we do not have to discover the warranty period on warranty repairs of warranty repairs.

*Very disappointed* - And I was just about to splash out a thousand bucks on a FA 31, I am now questioning my whole Pentax system. I am glad this happened before I bought the 31!

BMF
12-10-2011, 05:45 AM   #19

A few squirts of contact cleaner to the e-dial and you're good to go. I've done this with my k-7 rear e-dial.
Some KR and older pentax dslr users can attest to that.
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/pentax-k-r-forum/138906-pentax-k-r-e-dial.html

05-14-2014, 10:34 AM   #20

Hello,I haven't seen any recent activity on this thread.Recently I observed that i have this issue with the dial button and also with the green button.So now my iso changes very fast from 200 - 1600,and also when I try to zoom in ,it fast forwards to the maximum zoom option.I bought the Pentax K 7 in 2009 and since then I hadn't a single problem with it.I thought in the first place that it is a software bug but after updating the firmware and reseting the camera there is no change,it's still buggy.I've read all the comments and I would like to know if it is possible how much did it cost at the service because I'm sure there is no waranty now,and also if anyone can tell me how long do they keep the camera in service.Thank you.