Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-03-2007, 10:23 AM   #16
Veteran Member

Photos: Albums
OK! So then all my suggestions apply

Did you square away the Auto-save option? How about the buffer full issue?

09-03-2007, 10:45 AM   #17
Forum Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Frogroast Quote
OK! So then all my suggestions apply

Did you square away the Auto-save option? How about the buffer full issue?
Unfortunately I still can't get Remote Assistant 3 to work properly. It seems to be out of sync with the camera and although it does save the photos to the computer in auto save mode, that's the only thing that works. Everything else either gives me a buffer full error, or camera disconnected error.
09-03-2007, 07:08 PM   #18
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery
I still don't understand why you are asking someone to copy the software for you.
You can get it all here:
PENTAX Support&Service
11-10-2008, 03:42 AM   #19

cause it asks to insert cd when installing

11-10-2008, 08:54 AM   #20
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery | Albums
I don't understand why, if you have legitimate proof of purchase for the body, you cannot call / e-mail pentax for a replacement copy of the CD.

They may charge a small fee, but you should be able to get it.,
11-10-2008, 09:54 AM   #21
Veteran Member

Try this:

Pentax Imaging - Software & Firmaware Updates

CN
11-10-2008, 10:02 PM   #22

In the Pentax Photography Knowledge Base forum

QuoteOriginally posted by forestG Quote
cause it asks to insert cd when installing
https://www.pentaxforums.com/forums/342306-post1.html
11-11-2008, 09:43 PM   #23
Forum Member

QuoteOriginally posted by keithlester Quote
I find your response quite insulting.

I was merely pointing out that copying making copies of software and sending them through the mail is still an offence, no matter whether the software was originally free or not.

We must expect our society to descend into anarchy if we choose which laws to obey and those we may disregard. By the number of these cameras you have advertised for sale on these forums, it is clear that you have had several opportunities to own this software legally.

Please dont stoop to being insulting because you find the truth of what I said to be inconvenient.

he's not breaking the law. he has a legal right to a back up copy of that disc if he owns that camera. where he gets the disc is of no importance. Stop wasting our time.

11-11-2008, 10:37 PM   #24
Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by bobloadmire Quote
he's not breaking the law. he has a legal right to a back up copy of that disc if he owns that camera. where he gets the disc is of no importance. Stop wasting our time.
I guess he should have made his legal back-up copy before he lost the ones that came with his camera.

Not wanting to blacken the name of the OP, but cameras without manuals/cds are often cameras with shady histories. Assuming that the camera was acquired through legitimate channels, I think that Lowell has the best answer...contact Pentax and inquire about the cost of a replacement set.

Beyond that, one could check to see if there is a torrent somewhere to get a pirate copy. While it sounds good to ask a forum member to post an ISO somewhere, the risks to the poster are pretty huge. My ISP, for instance, would close down my account so quick...

Steve
11-12-2008, 06:11 AM   #25
Veteran Member

this thread is rediculous,,, seriously.. why do people get so defensive about such a small thing.. does it really matter if he/she wants a copy of a disk, which he/she originally owned, but has since lost? i dont really see the big deal. obviously he/she owns a pentax camera, they just want the software that was provdided. end of story. if i had a k10d i would personally send u a copy disc in the mail, along with a random selection of 'pirated' software, just because im nice like that
11-12-2008, 02:04 PM   #26
Forum Member

does the software even work without a pentax caera to use it with? whats the point of making the software super locked up, if you have to have the hardware to use it?
11-12-2008, 05:10 PM   #27
Pentaxian

QuoteOriginally posted by bobloadmire Quote
does the software even work without a pentax caera to use it with? whats the point of making the software super locked up, if you have to have the hardware to use it?
Not to be a real pain about this, but,

first of all, my question has not been answered, has the OP gone to pentax with his proof of sale?

Second, perhaps this is more about things in the software liscence, which might prohibit resale. I have not looked, but remember pentax is liscencing this from silkypix in the first place, and there may be rather strict rules about the liscence and distribution to third parties. Camera files can be distributed easily, hence software to read them needs to be somewhat controlled.

third, this is a way to stop illegal sales of cameras

finally, and this is not the only place where key disks are needed to use software that is only used with equipment or files that are propritary or only from one supplier, software liscences are a product unto themselves and have their own cost base and deserve their own protection and their own profit, hence protection.

It is not that I support pentax totally, but there should be a way to do a minimum cost download with a camera serial number or something,
11-12-2008, 09:02 PM   #28
Loyal Site Supporter

QuoteOriginally posted by nystateofmind27 Quote
I'm a legal owner of this camera and I will supply proof if requested. Hopefully not everyone is as anal as you are though.

I don't think it is. Besides Remote Assistant 3, I've only been able to find the Updates for the programs.
The update is the full program. It might balk if you have never loaded it onto your computer, though.
11-13-2008, 04:44 AM   #29
Inactive Account

The solution is so very extremely simple. (I should know as I am simple and I just did it! )

I had never installed the program on my PC so the download is the complete program and not just an upgrade to the original program.

1) Go to the Pentax website and download the FREE program
On a high speed connection it will take a few seconds.

2) Install the program. On my 5 year old PC this took about 10 to 15 seconds.

3) Open the program on your PC.

4) connect your K10D to your PC with the cord provided.

5) Turn on your K10D.

6) Click around- it works like a charm!

It is not illegal. It is FREE! Pentax WANTS you to have this program and are making it as EASY as humanly possible. No proof of purchase is required. No funky key code is required. No magic decoder ring is needed. Just download and use! Simple!

Please stop raggin' on the OP about legal mumbo-jumbo.!

Last edited by J.Scott; 11-13-2008 at 04:51 AM.