Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-17-2010, 08:20 PM   #1
Veteran Member

Photos: Gallery
[K20D] Does your SR icon light up when using the AF button to focus?

after months of using the AF button to focus, just realized that the SR icon doesnt activate. It will only activate if i select AF by half pressing the shutter button in Custom Menu.

09-17-2010, 08:31 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
QuoteOriginally posted by Reportage Quote
after months of using the AF button to focus, just realized that the SR icon doesnt activate. It will only activate if i select AF by half pressing the shutter button in Custom Menu.
Shake Reduction is nothing to do with the focus function. It will light on a half press even when AF on half press is deactivated.
09-17-2010, 08:40 PM   #3
Veteran Member

Original Poster
QuoteOriginally posted by Canada_Rockies Quote
Shake Reduction is nothing to do with the focus function. It will light on a half press even when AF on half press is deactivated.
Thats what i just learned..

what i have been doing is AF button to focus and shutter to press as in Custom Menu, AF while half press shutter is disabled. didnt really notice if the SR icon was lit. Only now i realized it.

from my pictures, dont know whether to be flattered or foolish.

I hope the upcoming models would have an option of Continuous SR even if it drains battery faster for event shoots where we cant wait for the SR confirmation.
09-18-2010, 04:57 AM   #4

Check with PHOTO ME

It would be interesting to check the state of the SR on your pictures with PHOTO ME. If I am correct and understood what you were doing; it should show that the SR was not stabilised.

09-18-2010, 10:46 PM   #5
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by Reportage Quote
One major reason I decouple AF from half-press is so I can stabilize SR a while before I shoot. They say SR becomes much better a bit after the SR icon appears.