Forgot Password
Pentax Camera Forums Home

Show Printable Version Search this Thread
09-19-2010, 02:55 PM   #1
Inactive Account

WOW!!!!

Wow! Just took photo of my wife with my new Ipod Touch 4G with less than 1 mg camera...then took same photo with K-x! WOW what a difference! The K-x blows it away! Seriously folks, appreciate what modern technology does...the K-x is fantastic and the Ipod Touch fine for fun....and that is the way it used to be with the small megapixel cameras. We have to appreciate how far we have come.

09-19-2010, 03:40 PM   #2
Loyal Site Supporter
Loyal Site Supporter

Photos: Gallery | Albums
Yep no doubt about it the phone cameras are designed for quick snapshots and image quality is generally not a high priority.
That said they can be quite handy.
09-19-2010, 03:44 PM   #3
Banned

QuoteOriginally posted by whbroker Quote
Wow! Just took photo of my wife with my new Ipod Touch 4G with less than 1 mg camera...then took same photo with K-x! WOW what a difference! The K-x blows it away! Seriously folks, appreciate what modern technology does...the K-x is fantastic and the Ipod Touch fine for fun....and that is the way it used to be with the small megapixel cameras. We have to appreciate how far we have come.
how far we have come from what? you are actually surprised that a digital SLR outperformed a sub one megapixel camera on an ipod that is designed primarily for video? this is a strange post..
09-19-2010, 03:55 PM   #4
Inactive Account

Was there Really ever any question?

09-19-2010, 04:07 PM   #5
Zav
Pentaxian

Photos: Gallery
You should learn to use Apple devices: http://fstoppers.com/iphone/

hé hé hé...
09-19-2010, 04:16 PM   #6
Veteran Member

a half decent camera phone does come in handy at times...but not for anything other than recording that moment that would otherwise be lost as you didn't have your DSLR with you...
09-19-2010, 06:34 PM   #7

Photos: Albums
Not all of those old cameras took such bad pics, I still have my old kodak DC280(2MP) - with it's 5MP / cm^2 pixel density it's not that far off from many APS-C DSLRs.. Although the sensor technology leaves it in the dust, it has taken some really good shots with reasonable lighting.

09-20-2010, 06:28 AM   #8
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by tentacles Quote
Not all of those old cameras took such bad pics, I still have my old kodak DC280(2MP) - with it's 5MP / cm^2 pixel density it's not that far off from many APS-C DSLRs.. Although the sensor technology leaves it in the dust, it has taken some really good shots with reasonable lighting.
Similarly with my first digicam, a 1.1mpx Sony DSC-P20 that I still use. Sensor density is ~6.2 mpx/cm2, compared to my K20D at ~4.1 and modern P&S's at >45. Its output is just 912x1216 pixels but I've blown those up quite a bit. I'll guess that the iPod sensor is a bit denser, eh?
09-20-2010, 08:32 AM   #9
Veteran Member

What an odd post.

Here's another news flash. I can go faster in my wife's turbocharged Mitsubishi Eclipse than I can go on my bicycle, even downhill. In defense of the bike, though, it weighs less.

Will
09-20-2010, 08:36 AM   #10
Veteran Member

Phone cameras are getting better. My phone's 8MP camera however is a laggy POS.

It did help me get a pic of some guys shooting with a RED the other day though. My, that's a nice bit of kit.
09-20-2010, 08:48 AM   #11
Inactive Account

Original Poster
Photos not taken with iPhone...

I posted this item to point out how far digital cameras have come from my first Canon 2 mg to my new K-x. Also, the photo I took was with my new Ipod Touch the newest generation of Ipod Touches and has a less than 1 megapixel camera on the back for individual photos and also HD video (which is best). Don't over analyze! Just take it all in.
09-20-2010, 08:50 AM   #12
Banned

Can your K-x be used as a barcode reader and show you the best price or show Pentax HD videos on youtube ?

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DeVAjrrTgHg[/YT]

[YT]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Y4_Xy0ESChY[/YT]
09-20-2010, 08:54 AM   #13
Veteran Member

My iPhone 3GS has actually got quite a good 3MP camera in it. For most people, it's all the point and shoot they'll ever need. it's my backup, and I use it often.

My go-everywhere camera is my 12MP Optio A40. I never leave home without it. I even carry it when I have my DSLRs with me, just in case. It does a great job, but its lack of versatility is the only thing keeping it from being my only digital

My first digital camera was an Intel webcam/digicam combo. The pics it took were low-resolution but clear, even in dim light.

The first "real" digital I had was a Kodak 1MP (Actually .99 megapixel but Kodak said one) digital point and shoot. No zoom, and bulky. Still works!

I then had a HP Photosmart 230 (2.1MP) and then a 420 (4MP). Both good cameras. The 420 had a Pentax lens, but chewed through batteries like crazy.

All in all, it's amazing how far digitals have come, especially the point-and-shoot market. DSLRs are just amazing, but for how much they cost they should be.

Now that everybody has a digital, I enjoy being the odd one shooting film
09-21-2010, 07:45 AM   #14
Veteran Member

With IrSimple of K-r you can probably send your photo to your iPod...
09-21-2010, 07:56 AM   #15
Veteran Member

QuoteOriginally posted by JoepLX3 Quote
With IrSimple of K-r you can probably send your photo to your iPod...
With a micro SD card (in an adapter) in my K10d I can do that now with my Berry or Samsung Captivate. Although the camera in the Samsung is quite good, it's effectively my pocket camera now.